Sporty, fun, fast and power to spare!
By SMarciano1 on
2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)
I find my 2003 SLK-320 always fun to drive. It's a sporty and a real head turner going down the road. If the sun is out, the top is down. Or 25 seconds later it can be a hardtop again. You'll need to watch the speedometer because it is truly effortless to get to and exceed highway speeds. I love the throaty sound when I step on the gas. The motor eagerly responds at all speeds with ease. Comfortable seats and ride with plenty of legroom. Almost intuitive handling in turns, curves and "other" manuvers. The cockpit has well laid out gauges and controls. I've had no problems to date.
Favorite Features
Hardtop convertible, in 25 seconds it's either a convertible or hardtop. The heated seats warm quickly and allow top down driving more often and they are nice in brisk mornings or nights. The Bose sound system is well suited for this car top up or down.
Suggested Improvements
Drink holder should be better placed. Stock radio needs to be updated. No one uses tapes anymore. The CD changer needs to come out of the trunk and into the front console (integrated into headunit would be best) where it belongs.