Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz Slk-class - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG

SLK32 AMG 3.2L V6 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )

Rocket
By pjg

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG SLK32 AMG 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

The acceleration and handling makes you want to drive it all day long. This car gives me the most enjoyment of any car I drove in the past, including Corvette 2000, BMW 535, Infiniti Q45, Porsche 911 ('77). The Audi A4 Quattro comes close.

Favorite Features

Speed, handling, retractable roof.

Suggested Improvements

Trunk sound insulation could be better. Any moving objects in the trunk make annoying noise.

Hope you like attention...
By Rikofchicago

SLK 32 AMG is rare as any AMG models. I have yet to see another AMG in downtown Chicago. So definitely get used to getting stared at, guys nodding their heads, and girls waving hi. This car can definitely keep up if not out pace the M classes and most Porsches. Bought the 320 back in December but was not satified with the acceleration so when the first AMG came in I was all over it. One thing for sure, this summer is going to be fun.

Favorite Features

349 HPs, hardtop convertible, great sound system and definitely an eye catcher. Never have to wait in line at clubs with this baby.

Suggested Improvements

Climate control knobs. Looks a bit cheesy. And should have the F1 touch shift feature on steering wheel like the other AMG models.

Great car
By Uwe

I have my SLK 32 for almost three months now. Great car. Would love a manual transmission, though. Stereo could be a bit better. Retractable roof is great. Acceleration is out of this world. A bit rare, but it took me less than 5 months of waiting time. All in all: Highly recommended!

Favorite Features

Engine, retractable roof, surprisingly comfy seats for a sports car

Suggested Improvements

Better stereo, manual transmission

Car needs work
By Owner

Car is not reliable -- third trip to dealer in three months. Avoid!

32AMG is superb
By ews

I bought the car one year ago and have been thrilled with my purchase. The engine is surprisingly quick and receives jealous stares from others on the road. I used to buy cars with Manual Transmissions, but the Auto on the 32 is stellar - no complaints. Fastest car I've ever driven.

Favorite Features

Engine - 349 horsepower and great torque

Suggested Improvements

The only thing missing is a memory seat feature.