2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG - Consumer Reviews

SLK32 AMG 3.2L V6 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )
AMG ballistic missile
By Jef on 01/14/08 20:43 PM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG SLK32 AMG 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

The best all in one sports car ever made, it a great looking and quite coupe with the hard top up, a nice highway convertible with smooth air flow even at obscene speeds, easy to drive all day and moves a lot faster than the reviews (once it breaks in between 12 to 18K miles). It faster and less stressful to drive than the 911 I owned (with the rear engine) and more secure and solid feeling then the M3 I traded. I also enjoy not having every kid in a z-car or Mustang changing me on the highway like in the 911 and M.

Great Fun Car!
By horangin on 09/04/07 07:25 AM (PDT)

Bought it used in 2006 and it had 13,000 miles. Now it has 20,000 miles. Changed the oil and filter myself and went with Castrol Full Synthetic instead of recommended Mobil 1 and it sounds good and seems to have better response. It's pretty fast and it zooms through traffic with no problem. Be sure to turn off the traction control if you want to hear some screaming tires, otherwise you'll just jerk in low speed. Mine seems to vibrate a little when in idle.

Ford
By Amanda on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

well i have always wanted one of these since i was little and i have always loved them and i mainly like it because its comfy drices good and goes fast and because of the hood

Burgandy Mercedes with beig interior.
By sayuri Ky on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

A girls car i have been told. But, since I am a female that statement does not bother me. I have had my car for about 2 years. I drive it as a weekend vehicle. I love the color and how it drives. the engine runs very smooth, no complaints. I am meticulous about it. I do not think I will ever get rid of it. It is a car that i can see having for years.

Great Performance car for daily use
By HStaudin on 06/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

The car had no problems upon delivery. I had only one minimal repair (a defective door contact for the interior light) after 24 000 miles of driving. Oil consumption was minimal. Acceleration is tremendous, the car handles very competently and the brakes are outstanding. The Xenon- lights are definitely worth the money. All this makes the car a lot of fun to drive, in particular in the summer. I have to use the car in the winter as well and I was surprised that it is drivable in snow as long as you treat the accelerator like a raw egg. I used Bridgestone Blizzak LM 22 tyres on AMG rims (tirerack.com) for the winter.

Rocket
By pjg on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

The acceleration and handling makes you want to drive it all day long. This car gives me the most enjoyment of any car I drove in the past, including Corvette 2000, BMW 535, Infiniti Q45, Porsche 911 ('77). The Audi A4 Quattro comes close.

Hope you like attention...
By Rikofchicago on 04/17/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

SLK 32 AMG is rare as any AMG models. I have yet to see another AMG in downtown Chicago. So definitely get used to getting stared at, guys nodding their heads, and girls waving hi. This car can definitely keep up if not out pace the M classes and most Porsches. Bought the 320 back in December but was not satified with the acceleration so when the first AMG came in I was all over it. One thing for sure, this summer is going to be fun.

Great car
By Uwe on 03/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

I have my SLK 32 for almost three months now. Great car. Would love a manual transmission, though. Stereo could be a bit better. Retractable roof is great. Acceleration is out of this world. A bit rare, but it took me less than 5 months of waiting time. All in all: Highly recommended!

Car needs work
By Owner on 03/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

Car is not reliable -- third trip to dealer in three months. Avoid!

32AMG is superb
By ews on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

I bought the car one year ago and have been thrilled with my purchase. The engine is surprisingly quick and receives jealous stares from others on the road. I used to buy cars with Manual Transmissions, but the Auto on the 32 is stellar - no complaints. Fastest car I've ever driven.