Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz Slk-class - Consumer Reviews

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG

SLK32 AMG 3.2L V6 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic - (11 reviews )

AMG ballistic missile
By Jef

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG SLK32 AMG 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

The best all in one sports car ever made, it a great looking and quite coupe with the hard top up, a nice highway convertible with smooth air flow even at obscene speeds, easy to drive all day and moves a lot faster than the reviews (once it breaks in between 12 to 18K miles). It faster and less stressful to drive than the 911 I owned (with the rear engine) and more secure and solid feeling then the M3 I traded. I also enjoy not having every kid in a z-car or Mustang changing me on the highway like in the 911 and M.

Favorite Features

Bose auto adjust sound system, automatic downshift transmission, great trunk space with top up, turbine like smoothness in power.

Suggested Improvements

Add top up and down function to the remote, put the CD changer in gove box (not the trunk)

Great Fun Car!
By horangin

Bought it used in 2006 and it had 13,000 miles. Now it has 20,000 miles. Changed the oil and filter myself and went with Castrol Full Synthetic instead of recommended Mobil 1 and it sounds good and seems to have better response. It's pretty fast and it zooms through traffic with no problem. Be sure to turn off the traction control if you want to hear some screaming tires, otherwise you'll just jerk in low speed. Mine seems to vibrate a little when in idle.

Favorite Features

Pedal to the metal. When you press the pedal down, there's another button you can press further, I think that's the supercharger. It speeds almost 10 mph per sec w/ no hestiation.

Suggested Improvements

Cruise control should be placed elsewhere. I keep touching it instead of the turn signal. Also, it would be nice to see some type of LED light come on to let you know that cruise is on.

Ford
By Amanda

well i have always wanted one of these since i was little and i have always loved them and i mainly like it because its comfy drices good and goes fast and because of the hood

Burgandy Mercedes with beig interior.
By sayuri Ky

A girls car i have been told. But, since I am a female that statement does not bother me. I have had my car for about 2 years. I drive it as a weekend vehicle. I love the color and how it drives. the engine runs very smooth, no complaints. I am meticulous about it. I do not think I will ever get rid of it. It is a car that i can see having for years.

Suggested Improvements

The front end is too low and scrapes the ground a lot. I have had to replace mine in less than 6 months of having the car. $2000 expense. it is either needs to be raised a few inches or needs to be made sturdier so it will not rip appart.

Great Performance car for daily use
By HStaudin

The car had no problems upon delivery. I had only one minimal repair (a defective door contact for the interior light) after 24 000 miles of driving. Oil consumption was minimal. Acceleration is tremendous, the car handles very competently and the brakes are outstanding. The Xenon- lights are definitely worth the money. All this makes the car a lot of fun to drive, in particular in the summer. I have to use the car in the winter as well and I was surprised that it is drivable in snow as long as you treat the accelerator like a raw egg. I used Bridgestone Blizzak LM 22 tyres on AMG rims (tirerack.com) for the winter.

Favorite Features

Performance, retractable hardtop, high performance car that is fun for everyday's driving

Suggested Improvements

Potential improvements: Radio looks antiquated, sound system, GPS-guidance system should be available as an option.