Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz Slk-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

Fun Coupe or Convertible
By Patrick

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I did have a 98 230 SLK with 4k but was totaled by a drunk driver. I purchased a 06 Chrysler Crossfire, thinking I would have the same experience and save money. No comparing. The SLK series Mercedes is one of the coolest convertible roadsters on the market. Performance, looks, roadster feel, with more class than most roadsters. I sold the Chrysler right away and began searching to replace the 230 with a newer 320 with no regret.

Favorite Features

Performance and the cool hardtop retractable. Great in any environment. The car is reasonably comfortable on a long trip as well.

Suggested Improvements

The cup holder is awkward at best. Any spil goes directly on the stereo and wood dash.

No bells or whistles
By Benz42

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is especially fun to drive, even at slow speeds. With exceptional handling, acceleration cornering, the envious stares I get from other drivers are just icing on the cake. I love the automatic fold-and-stow hardtop, and the way the car feels when I'm in it. I also love the sound of the exhaust when I'm accelerating hard, especially when compared to my previous 4 cylinder turbo MazdaSpeed Protege. This is a fun and prestigious car to drive and own. I'm glad I found it.

Favorite Features

Found this 2003, Designo Silver SLK320 with only 17K miles. Buying it was a no brainer since I'd been looking for over a year and nothing else came close to the condition - Like NEW! Even my local Mercedes dealer was impressed. Styling is second to none and it feels like a Mercedes. I love it.

Suggested Improvements

What's up with the lack of luxury features? My wife has a 2000 Explore with more in the way of useful gadgets, such as a trip computer, digital climate control, and a CD player. This lack of technology was a big disappointment to me, as I would expect more than the basics in a Benz!

I LOVE MY SLK
By SLK 230

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Roadster (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

It is fun driving top down or up but I will srive it top down more weather permitting. It get's pretty darned hot here in Phoenix AZ in July.

Favorite Features

love the sporty look bit it is not considered a sports car as far as insurance concerns

Suggested Improvements

none, i like it as it is

Exaclty What I was looking for!
By Joe

Car has a very solid construction. Comfortable for a sport roadster. Good on gas. I average 24 mpg on premium. Engine has enough power for an average driver, but being a 4 cyl is does not sound too smooth. The whining of the supercharger compensates a little, and bring some of the 'sport sound' to the car

Favorite Features

Hardtop up or down. It is incredible. Bose sound systes is very good. Overall exterior design. It is already a classic! Stick shift is very precise and the 6th gear acts as an overdrive for highway driving. Low noise, good mileage

2003 SLK230
By R2

I've owned the SLK for a little over a year, and am very happy with it. I was initially attracted to the car because of its looks, styling, and impressive engineering. Supercharger provides enough of a boost for highway passing; otherwise, I would recommend a 320. Expectation met with just one exception.

Favorite Features

Hardtop convertible, and a fun 2nd car on the way to an SL.

Suggested Improvements

Cheap, tacky plastic interior. I still cannot understand why Mercedes would not offer leather as an option. The only way to rid unsightly scratches to the plastic console is to replace it with another cheap plastic console.