2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Fun Coupe or Convertible
By Patrick on 09/10/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I did have a 98 230 SLK with 4k but was totaled by a drunk driver. I purchased a 06 Chrysler Crossfire, thinking I would have the same experience and save money. No comparing. The SLK series Mercedes is one of the coolest convertible roadsters on the market. Performance, looks, roadster feel, with more class than most roadsters. I sold the Chrysler right away and began searching to replace the 230 with a newer 320 with no regret.

No bells or whistles
By Benz42 on 10/01/09 06:25 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is especially fun to drive, even at slow speeds. With exceptional handling, acceleration cornering, the envious stares I get from other drivers are just icing on the cake. I love the automatic fold-and-stow hardtop, and the way the car feels when I'm in it. I also love the sound of the exhaust when I'm accelerating hard, especially when compared to my previous 4 cylinder turbo MazdaSpeed Protege. This is a fun and prestigious car to drive and own. I'm glad I found it.

I LOVE MY SLK
By SLK 230 on 07/25/09 11:09 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Roadster (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

It is fun driving top down or up but I will srive it top down more weather permitting. It get's pretty darned hot here in Phoenix AZ in July.

Exaclty What I was looking for!
By Joe on 10/15/08 20:05 PM (PDT)

Car has a very solid construction. Comfortable for a sport roadster. Good on gas. I average 24 mpg on premium. Engine has enough power for an average driver, but being a 4 cyl is does not sound too smooth. The whining of the supercharger compensates a little, and bring some of the 'sport sound' to the car

2003 SLK230
By R2 on 05/11/08 02:34 AM (PDT)

I've owned the SLK for a little over a year, and am very happy with it. I was initially attracted to the car because of its looks, styling, and impressive engineering. Supercharger provides enough of a boost for highway passing; otherwise, I would recommend a 320. Expectation met – with just one exception.

Too Hot To Handle
By Unclegee on 04/19/08 09:33 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My 2003 SLK 320 is the result of my mid life crisis so says my lovely girl friend. If so, so be it. It is quick, agile, always turns heads. The fit and finish is perfect. Top up it is smooth quite and the Bose sound system is outstanding. Top down wind noise is minimal, and the fun factor is off the chart. And to top it off I consistently get 28/30 mpg on the freeway at a modest 65mph. Where else can you get head turner looks, performance of a V8, due to its light weight, and fuel economy as good or better than those little shoe boxes the car makers are trying to pawn off on us. Another bonus, parts are no more than an American car. Dealers are very reasonable.

Awesomelittle car
By Donna on 09/03/07 21:39 PM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I wanted a convertible but live on a dirt road so looked at hardtops. Glad I bought this one. It is fun to drive...way different than my BMW 525i. While my BMW is a great driving machine, it is heavy and moving the steering wheel requires some work. With this Mercedes its very light and the steering wheel moves extrememly easily. I had to get used to the difference. Sometims I want more than a 2 seater, sometimes I want more room - but I made this choice - - the tradeoff I've made. Also the car is so low and my friends always groan getting in or out because it's hard to get in and out.

Fast, Fun Car
By Jim in AV, Ca on 03/24/06 13:53 PM (PST)

I love the handling of this car! The acceleration is more than adequate, as the car gets off the line quickly, and it accelerates hard. With the AMG Sport package, the interior is very pleasing with the machined metal inserts. At 80 MPH cruising speed across Nebraska, the gas mileage was 28. The cockpit is roomy enough, and every control is close at hand. So nice to have a convertible hard top, also, although the trunk capacity is limited with the top down. Big enough for an ice chest, though.

It's a 10!
By Perfection on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Fantastic automobile. The retractable hard top draws onlookers everytime it is used! The interior trim and seat stitching is awesome! It handles like it's on rails and it is very quiet for a small vehicle with the top up or down. No problems after first year of ownership. Even with roof retracted the trunk has some space to work with.

Sporty, fun, fast and power to spare!
By SMarciano1 on 03/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Roadster (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I find my 2003 SLK-320 always fun to drive. It's a sporty and a real head turner going down the road. If the sun is out, the top is down. Or 25 seconds later it can be a hardtop again. You'll need to watch the speedometer because it is truly effortless to get to and exceed highway speeds. I love the throaty sound when I step on the gas. The motor eagerly responds at all speeds with ease. Comfortable seats and ride with plenty of legroom. Almost intuitive handling in turns, curves and "other" manuvers. The cockpit has well laid out gauges and controls. I've had no problems to date.

1 2 3 4 5 next »