Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG SLK32 AMG Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG - Consumer Reviews

SLK32 AMG 3.2L V6 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic - (12 reviews )

Good Weekend Fun Car
By ziblebot

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG SLK32 AMG 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

My wife and I purchased our SLK 32 last year as a fun car. Being a 11 yr old car, we use it about 5-7K miles a year driving it on nice days. So far we have been pleased with this car. The only negative issue is the center console being scratched up and worn. Otherwise a really clean car.

SLK32 AMG
By darren

I love this car. It's addictive to drive, and the power is awesome. Concerns about acceleration are never an issue. The interior looks a little old, and not all that expensive. The CD changer (which is an option) skips if you hit a pothole and the ride translates uneven road surfaces. But this is a sports car, so you should expect that. The car feels well built and drives wonderfully. The only thing I dont like about the cars driving dynamics would be the steering. It's a bit clunky, and isn't as precise as it should be. The steering wheel is also a little big, and doesnt tilt. It's a great car, if you want something that can take on a Corvette, and that is understated.

Hardtop, Supercharged V6 and 349hp. Handsome classic good looks that will age well.

Steering feel. Harshness over bumps. CD changer in deck. Interior furnishings

WOW! Still in Love!
By steve

This car is solid in construction and road feel. I have owned it since it had 12,000 miles on the odometer. I replaced the rear tires after 13,000 miles, the fronts after 21,000 miles. I love the acceleration. This supercharged V6 gives pure fun! The brakes are awsome (still original). Going 80mph you won't even feel the road. Did I mention that I drive mostly with top down? In a nutshell, this baby flies and looks good doing it with low maintenance. 21 mpg average! Buy one and live a dream!

Hard Top. Acceleration. The radio is quite good (get the CD Player). The gas mileage isn't bad for a car of this calliber. The fun factor! Brakes are good!

Better lumbar support for us who are over 40.

Still a thrill ride, two years later
By DerekT1975

Such a joy every time you step on the gas. Drive it like it's an amusement park ride, drive it to get groceries with your mother-in-law, either way it performs nicely. I never thought I'd like an automatic, but they did such a nice job with this transmission: you can still accelerate while it's downshifting.

transmission. engine. suspension. overall kick-ass performance. cargo is space quite respectable for a convertible when the top is up.

Wider wheels than the 245s: turn the ESP off, and your launch skids. Leave it on, and you can't get the 4.8 0- 60. Tilt steering wheel would be nice.

RED BULLET
By RASLK32AMG

SLK32 AMG IS A GREAT CAR! MORE FUN TO OWN THAN I COULD HAVE EVER IMAGINED. I LIVE ABOVE 5,000 FT AND THE SUPERCHARGER ALLOWS THE CAR TO PERFORM LIKE IT IS AT SEA LEVEL. THE AMG BRAKES, TRANSMISSION AND STEERING TAKE THE STANDARD SLK TO A HIGHER LEVEL

SUPERCHARGER, SPEEDSHIFT TRANSMISSION