Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG SLK32 AMG Consumer Reviews - 13 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG

SLK32 AMG 3.2L V6 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic - (13 reviews )

Sizzling Car
By Chris Bond

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG SLK32 AMG 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

This car has been my Wonderful Wife's primary car for about 12 years.
She purchased it used with low mileage (15k) & used it 5-6 days a week to travel
approximately 100 miles a day. She Loved the car yes I say loved it.
Recently on her way home from work while thankfully close to home the her trusty
Chariot stalled & failed to restart. When I arrived I attempted to restart the car & received a
Crank no start condition. We had the vehicle towed home & I began a 12 day journey to
Reignite the stalled steed. Well unfortunately after diagnosing (using a code reader &
addressing the specific codes) the condition & changing
several small items: gas cap, air filter, spark plugs, camshaft monitor, crankshaft monitor &
checking all the fuses & a k40 computer board: I finally relinquished control & had Our
Mechanic to save the day. Unfortunately he couldn't either. He decided to check the engine
compression with two different meters and found little or no compression in all 4 cylinders.
The only maintenance that was performed on the car in five years & 149k has been oil/filter
changes & tires. This car was so reliable that even when it took its last breath it did so,
Close to home & not strand my Wife in the boonies.
My recommendation check the manufacturer's suggested timing chain interval &
you will have a fun little ride for a long time.

Good Weekend Fun Car
By ziblebot

My wife and I purchased our SLK 32 last year as a fun car.
Being a 11 yr old car, we use it about 5-7K miles a year driving it on nice days.
So far we have been pleased with this car.
The only negative issue is the center console being scratched up and worn.
Otherwise a really clean car.

SLK32 AMG
By darren

I love this car. It's addictive to drive, and the power is awesome. Concerns about acceleration are never an issue. The interior looks a little old, and not all that expensive. The CD changer (which is an option) skips if you hit a pothole and the ride translates uneven road surfaces. But this is a sports car, so you should expect that. The car feels well built and drives wonderfully. The only thing I dont like about the cars driving dynamics would be the steering. It's a bit clunky, and isn't as precise as it should be. The steering wheel is also a little big, and doesnt tilt. It's a great car, if you want something that can take on a Corvette, and that is understated.

Hardtop, Supercharged V6 and 349hp. Handsome classic good looks that will age well.

Steering feel. Harshness over bumps. CD changer in deck. Interior furnishings

WOW! Still in Love!
By steve

This car is solid in construction and road feel. I have owned it since it had 12,000 miles on the odometer. I replaced the rear tires after 13,000 miles, the fronts after 21,000 miles. I love the acceleration. This supercharged V6 gives pure fun! The brakes are awsome (still original). Going 80mph you won't even feel the road. Did I mention that I drive mostly with top down? In a nutshell, this baby flies and looks good doing it with low maintenance. 21 mpg average! Buy one and live a dream!

Hard Top. Acceleration. The radio is quite good (get the CD Player). The gas mileage isn't bad for a car of this calliber. The fun factor! Brakes are good!

Better lumbar support for us who are over 40.

Still a thrill ride, two years later
By DerekT1975

Such a joy every time you step on the
gas. Drive it like it's an amusement
park ride, drive it to get groceries
with your mother-in-law, either way it
performs nicely. I never thought I'd
like an automatic, but they did such a
nice job with this transmission: you
can still accelerate while it's
downshifting.

transmission. engine. suspension. overall kick-ass performance. cargo is space quite respectable for a convertible when the top is up.

Wider wheels than the 245s: turn the ESP off, and your launch skids. Leave it on, and you can't get the 4.8 0- 60. Tilt steering wheel would be nice.