2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
MB SLK great Car
By Bobby on 08/18/05 00:14 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I owned a Mazda Miata prior to this Mercedes and worried about the reliability of this vehicle. However, the car has been great and I now have almost 50,000 miles on it and it is a pleasure to drive and fun when top is down on a nice day. I love the fact that the roof is solid and that I don't have to worry about the snow causing any damage to the interior. The car is also great in snow with the snow tires that I purchased only a few months after I fist got the car. All in all, I would say that I love this car and that it has served me quite well.

Not as Happy
By SunnySideUp on 07/28/05 13:50 PM (PDT)

I leased this car brand new in 2002. The second month I had it I had to take it back to the dealer to get the driver door replaced due to a faulty seal, which did not allow the door to close properly. At 40,000 miles, the motor mounts collapsed and one of the cams had to be replaced. Had to replace at least 6 brake lamps. Twice the convertible top got stuck when trying to let it down. Was told this happens when you use it for the first time after winter. Cupholders broke soon after I got it. The check engine sensor had to be replaced at least 3 times. Warranty is running out, so I am turning it in at the end of the lease.

EXCELLENT!!!
By chopstick1 on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this car!!! drives smooth, accelerates great, beautiful to look at, quick hardtop, HUGE TRUNK SPACE for this type of car

Great Car, Mediocre Service
By Glawyer on 04/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This is a great car overall... It's gets plenty of attention & looks great.. It is also fun to drive, especially in te Spring/Summer with the hardtop down.

Best Lil Convertible in NC
By Joie on 05/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

I find this to be a wonderful car to drive. Handling and performance top notch. I am a single woman and the safety features in this car are exceptional. It is fun to drive and seeing people's expressions when I drive by. Exceptional automobile.

Wonderful Hardtop
By Tangent on 09/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

You can surprise everyone with the vario hardtop which is rarely seen. The little SLK makes a great stablemate with any cars you could have. 8.7 cb.ft. trunk gives you twice as much space as Z3 could offer. This SLK is the way to go! If I had more money, I would go for the SLK32 AMG!

SLK - A Total Winner w/Great Value
By Mr. Rich on 08/10/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

The SLK230 is not only a beautiful car with the top up or down, but has more driving fun than any car I've owned. The supercharger is the secret...building up torque and speed on a light, nimble chassis. Feels like it is on rails...and solid as a rock, no rattles, no squeeks, everything works perfectly after many bumps and potholes in San Francisco and through the wine country. Get one! It is a steal at the price they are asking. And the resell is excellent. And you'll love the cup holder..best in class.

Amazing
By Wolfie on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

I just bought this car and it is truely amazing to look at. It is sporty with the roof up and then when it goes down it looks like the hottest car on the road. The quality of the car is amazing and the fun you have in it makes it all worth it.

SLK230
By Dster on 04/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Awesome vehicle. Attention getter. Very fun to drive. However, faulty paint job I believe causing my paint to chip.

Pretty good in general
By Snoopy on 03/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

Best buy in terms of money in this catagory.