2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
I love my SLK
By JMills on 08/22/08 14:41 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I thought a review of a 6 year old SLK320 might be helpful to people. All of the '98 to '02 SLK's had an issue with paint peeling on the center console. Other than that my SLK looks like it rolled off the assembly line yesterday. I have never seen a car that has aged this well, bar none. Outside paint still lives up to its name 'Brilliant Silver'. Everything about the car is tight and solid. My last car was a Corvette so I am not new to performance cars and this one is a winner. No, it doesnt have the off the line grunt of a Corvette. It is more along the lines of european sports cars, in other words spectacular handling, very good road manners and comfort levels and exciting top end speed.

Beautiful Lines
By Linda on 08/02/05 09:31 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third MB and the nicest looking by far. I bought it basically for the ease of the retractable hardtop. The trunk is small, but adequate for trips to the grocery store. I would rather have a single disc CD player than the optional 6 disc in the trunk. Pickup is not as responsive as the 230SLK supercharged which I previously owned. I like the interior features better on the 320 though, with the wood grain treatments. Definitely not a family car, just a fun short trip vehicle. Gets about 18 miles per gallon with city driving and 29 miles per gallon exclusively highway. Great car for me, but I only do about 5K a year.

Room for Two
By Chris on 12/15/04 19:30 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK320 is just plain fun! Its acceleration is more than adequate, it won't beat a Porsche Boxster but it'll get you excited. Putting the roof up or down is a breeze - just click & hold the button. Once the roof is up it's as solid as a regular hardtop, no shimmy. This car is relatively quiet though noise from the rear tires can be loud with the roof up. Its exhaust note is a nice throaty roar. The engine sounds great when wound up. This car always draws looks and positive comments from all age groups. It is very noticeable and unique.

SLK32 AMG Rocks!
By TomNM on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car almost 2 years and I love it. It has phenomenal power, brakes, and suspension. The folding top is a work of art, but limits trunk space significantly. One trip to the dealer so far, for headlight adjustment. All maintenance done at home. This car should have come with a 1 disc CD, but didn't. I didn't buy the $2K car phone. (Duh!) No complaints.

2002 Mercedes SLK 320
By BClark on 08/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Beautiful vehicle with luxurious interior and nimble, quick ride. Great open air convertible that feels like a solid sedan when the retractable hard top is up.

Solid Convertable at any speed
By ChrisF on 09/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have now had this car two years. Very few issues, solid car with the hard top convertable up or down. Blast to drive, plenty of power in the SLK320.

Fun Car , but problems
By Isodozevw on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I had mine special ordered with manual transmission and xenon head lights. The car is a lot of fun to drive, accelerates well and corners extremely well. About 3 months into driving the car, the transmission fluid leaked causing the car to suddenly jerk forward 4 feet , fortunately no one was injured. Now, after 8000 miles the airconditioning fan gave out and need another trip to the dealer!

A fun car to drive!!!
By BarryG on 08/11/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

You are always in control of this vehicle. I have had this vehicle to 130 MPH and felt in control the whole time. It takes curves with grace and style.

Mercedes does not live up to it's name
By Heather on 07/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Talk about a piece of junk. I've owned one for a little over a year and it's been in the shop so many times I've lost count. I thought I could count on Mercedes producing a car worth 52k but my expectations have fallen far short. Now that it's nice and hot my regulator and fan motor decided not to work. Just the latest in a string of things that have had to be repaired. I'd say they must have learned from Chrysler how to build a cheap car but the Jeep Wranger I traded in for this never went into the shop for the two years I owned it.

What a car
By Corylaw on 06/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

What a great car. Great performance and very eye catching. Hardtop convertible is an amazing piece of engineering. AMG package makes a real difference.