Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-benz Slk-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

Most Helpful|
EXCELLENT!!!
By chopstick1

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I love this car!!! drives smooth, accelerates great, beautiful to look at, quick hardtop, HUGE TRUNK SPACE for this type of car

Favorite Features

hardtop, good feeling all over car

Suggested Improvements

the paint, it chips very, very easily, simple road trash/pebbles/dirt will ding it

MB SLK great Car
By Bobby

I owned a Mazda Miata prior to this Mercedes and worried about the reliability of this vehicle. However, the car has been great and I now have almost 50,000 miles on it and it is a pleasure to drive and fun when top is down on a nice day. I love the fact that the roof is solid and that I don't have to worry about the snow causing any damage to the interior. The car is also great in snow with the snow tires that I purchased only a few months after I fist got the car. All in all, I would say that I love this car and that it has served me quite well.

Favorite Features

Hard top but still a drop top!

Best Lil Convertible in NC
By Joie

I find this to be a wonderful car to drive. Handling and performance top notch. I am a single woman and the safety features in this car are exceptional. It is fun to drive and seeing people's expressions when I drive by. Exceptional automobile.

Suggested Improvements

Variable speed wipers more selection. Placement of cup holder

Not as Happy
By SunnySideUp

I leased this car brand new in 2002. The second month I had it I had to take it back to the dealer to get the driver door replaced due to a faulty seal, which did not allow the door to close properly. At 40,000 miles, the motor mounts collapsed and one of the cams had to be replaced. Had to replace at least 6 brake lamps. Twice the convertible top got stuck when trying to let it down. Was told this happens when you use it for the first time after winter. Cupholders broke soon after I got it. The check engine sensor had to be replaced at least 3 times. Warranty is running out, so I am turning it in at the end of the lease.

Favorite Features

Convertible top. Brushed aluminum finish around control panels. Tip- tronic automatic transmission. Easy manuevering through traffic. Sleek style.

Suggested Improvements

More reliable cupholders and placed differently. Condensation always dripped from cups onto the stereo. Stereo controls on steering wheel. More comfortable seats not good for long trips to the beach. More head room for taller people. More buttons and less knobs. Both side mirrors should dim.

Great Car, Mediocre Service
By Glawyer

This is a great car overall... It's gets plenty of attention & looks great.. It is also fun to drive, especially in te Spring/Summer with the hardtop down.

Favorite Features

Manual/Automatic shifting, hardtop covertible, speed & pick up....

Suggested Improvements

I have had some really bad experiences with some of the Mercedes Service Departments...