2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
Good Weekend Fun Car
By ziblebot on 03/04/13 08:03 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

My wife and I purchased our SLK 32 last year as a fun car. Being a 11 yr old car, we use it about 5-7K miles a year driving it on nice days. So far we have been pleased with this car. The only negative issue is the center console being scratched up and worn. Otherwise a really clean car.

I love my SLK
By JMills on 08/22/08 14:41 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I thought a review of a 6 year old SLK320 might be helpful to people. All of the '98 to '02 SLK's had an issue with paint peeling on the center console. Other than that my SLK looks like it rolled off the assembly line yesterday. I have never seen a car that has aged this well, bar none. Outside paint still lives up to its name 'Brilliant Silver'. Everything about the car is tight and solid. My last car was a Corvette so I am not new to performance cars and this one is a winner. No, it doesnt have the off the line grunt of a Corvette. It is more along the lines of european sports cars, in other words spectacular handling, very good road manners and comfort levels and exciting top end speed.

SLK32 AMG
By darren on 09/27/06 22:24 PM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I love this car. It's addictive to drive, and the power is awesome. Concerns about acceleration are never an issue. The interior looks a little old, and not all that expensive. The CD changer (which is an option) skips if you hit a pothole and the ride translates uneven road surfaces. But this is a sports car, so you should expect that. The car feels well built and drives wonderfully. The only thing I dont like about the cars driving dynamics would be the steering. It's a bit clunky, and isn't as precise as it should be. The steering wheel is also a little big, and doesnt tilt. It's a great car, if you want something that can take on a Corvette, and that is understated.

MB SLK great Car
By Bobby on 08/18/05 00:14 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I owned a Mazda Miata prior to this Mercedes and worried about the reliability of this vehicle. However, the car has been great and I now have almost 50,000 miles on it and it is a pleasure to drive and fun when top is down on a nice day. I love the fact that the roof is solid and that I don't have to worry about the snow causing any damage to the interior. The car is also great in snow with the snow tires that I purchased only a few months after I fist got the car. All in all, I would say that I love this car and that it has served me quite well.

Beautiful Lines
By Linda on 08/02/05 09:31 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third MB and the nicest looking by far. I bought it basically for the ease of the retractable hardtop. The trunk is small, but adequate for trips to the grocery store. I would rather have a single disc CD player than the optional 6 disc in the trunk. Pickup is not as responsive as the 230SLK supercharged which I previously owned. I like the interior features better on the 320 though, with the wood grain treatments. Definitely not a family car, just a fun short trip vehicle. Gets about 18 miles per gallon with city driving and 29 miles per gallon exclusively highway. Great car for me, but I only do about 5K a year.

Not as Happy
By SunnySideUp on 07/28/05 13:50 PM (PDT)

I leased this car brand new in 2002. The second month I had it I had to take it back to the dealer to get the driver door replaced due to a faulty seal, which did not allow the door to close properly. At 40,000 miles, the motor mounts collapsed and one of the cams had to be replaced. Had to replace at least 6 brake lamps. Twice the convertible top got stuck when trying to let it down. Was told this happens when you use it for the first time after winter. Cupholders broke soon after I got it. The check engine sensor had to be replaced at least 3 times. Warranty is running out, so I am turning it in at the end of the lease.

WOW! Still in Love!
By steve on 04/01/05 01:08 AM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

This car is solid in construction and road feel. I have owned it since it had 12,000 miles on the odometer. I replaced the rear tires after 13,000 miles, the fronts after 21,000 miles. I love the acceleration. This supercharged V6 gives pure fun! The brakes are awsome (still original). Going 80mph you won't even feel the road. Did I mention that I drive mostly with top down? In a nutshell, this baby flies and looks good doing it with low maintenance. 21 mpg average! Buy one and live a dream!

Room for Two
By Chris on 12/15/04 19:30 PM (PST)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

My 2005 Mercedes-Benz SLK320 is just plain fun! Its acceleration is more than adequate, it won't beat a Porsche Boxster but it'll get you excited. Putting the roof up or down is a breeze - just click & hold the button. Once the roof is up it's as solid as a regular hardtop, no shimmy. This car is relatively quiet though noise from the rear tires can be loud with the roof up. Its exhaust note is a nice throaty roar. The engine sounds great when wound up. This car always draws looks and positive comments from all age groups. It is very noticeable and unique.

EXCELLENT!!!
By chopstick1 on 09/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I love this car!!! drives smooth, accelerates great, beautiful to look at, quick hardtop, HUGE TRUNK SPACE for this type of car

SLK32 AMG Rocks!
By TomNM on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I have had this car almost 2 years and I love it. It has phenomenal power, brakes, and suspension. The folding top is a work of art, but limits trunk space significantly. One trip to the dealer so far, for headlight adjustment. All maintenance done at home. This car should have come with a 1 disc CD, but didn't. I didn't buy the $2K car phone. (Duh!) No complaints.