Used 2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Reviews - 37 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:

Sizzling Car
By Chris Bond

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

This car has been my Wonderful Wife's primary car for about 12 years.
She purchased it used with low mileage (15k) & used it 5-6 days a week to travel
approximately 100 miles a day. She Loved the car yes I say loved it.
Recently on her way home from work while thankfully close to home the her trusty
Chariot stalled & failed to restart. When I arrived I attempted to restart the car & received a
Crank no start condition. We had the vehicle towed home & I began a 12 day journey to
Reignite the stalled steed. Well unfortunately after diagnosing (using a code reader &
addressing the specific codes) the condition & changing
several small items: gas cap, air filter, spark plugs, camshaft monitor, crankshaft monitor &
checking all the fuses & a k40 computer board: I finally relinquished control & had Our
Mechanic to save the day. Unfortunately he couldn't either. He decided to check the engine
compression with two different meters and found little or no compression in all 4 cylinders.
The only maintenance that was performed on the car in five years & 149k has been oil/filter
changes & tires. This car was so reliable that even when it took its last breath it did so,
Close to home & not strand my Wife in the boonies.
My recommendation check the manufacturer's suggested timing chain interval &
you will have a fun little ride for a long time.

Good Weekend Fun Car
By ziblebot

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

My wife and I purchased our SLK 32 last year as a fun car.
Being a 11 yr old car, we use it about 5-7K miles a year driving it on nice days.
So far we have been pleased with this car.
The only negative issue is the center console being scratched up and worn.
Otherwise a really clean car.

I love my SLK
By JMills

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I thought a review of a 6 year old SLK320 might be helpful to people. All of the '98 to '02 SLK's had an issue with paint peeling on the center console. Other than that my SLK looks like it rolled off the assembly line yesterday. I have never seen a car that has aged this well, bar none. Outside paint still lives up to its name 'Brilliant Silver'. Everything about the car is tight and solid. My last car was a Corvette so I am not new to performance cars and this one is a winner. No, it doesnt have the off the line grunt of a Corvette. It is more along the lines of european sports cars, in other words spectacular handling, very good road manners and comfort levels and exciting top end speed.

Retractable hardtop, and the looks my car gets everywhere.

Single CD player inside

SLK32 AMG
By darren

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK32 AMG 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl S/C 5A)

I love this car. It's addictive to drive, and the power is awesome. Concerns about acceleration are never an issue. The interior looks a little old, and not all that expensive. The CD changer (which is an option) skips if you hit a pothole and the ride translates uneven road surfaces. But this is a sports car, so you should expect that. The car feels well built and drives wonderfully. The only thing I dont like about the cars driving dynamics would be the steering. It's a bit clunky, and isn't as precise as it should be. The steering wheel is also a little big, and doesnt tilt. It's a great car, if you want something that can take on a Corvette, and that is understated.

Hardtop, Supercharged V6 and 349hp. Handsome classic good looks that will age well.

Steering feel. Harshness over bumps. CD changer in deck. Interior furnishings

MB SLK great Car
By Bobby

2002 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

I owned a Mazda Miata prior to this Mercedes and worried about the reliability of this vehicle. However, the car has been great and I now have almost 50,000 miles on it and it is a pleasure to drive and fun when top is down on a nice day. I love the fact that the roof is solid and that I don't have to worry about the snow causing any damage to the interior. The car is also great in snow with the snow tires that I purchased only a few months after I fist got the car. All in all, I would say that I love this car and that it has served me quite well.

Hard top but still a drop top!