2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Review: Love it!

2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Review

SLK230 Convertible (2.3L 4-cyl. Supercharger 6-speed Manual)

Love it!
By Mark on

2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK 230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)

The car is magic to drive! I was scared about buying an SLK. I read mixed reviews. I decided to plunge and get it. The retractable hard top was a desired feature. I wanted Lexus sc 430 so I could drive my nephews, but couldn't find one with my price range. I love my silver. Interior is red and black leather, which matches university colors. Manual 6 speed was recommended and does add to enthusiastic driving..and limits my cell phone use because I need to shift gears - probably a good thing! This car has Bose sound system and quality sound with top down. Car maneuvers like a dream and accelerates sufficiently. Behind the wheel I know I have a well crafted machine at hand.

Favorite Features

Driving it when 3500 rpms kick in in 2nd and 3rd gears! Top down! Fun to drive and be in. Looks ....wow! Gorgeous lines!

Suggested Improvements

Seats are great for enthusiastic driving, but when long distance driving my back hurts and I can't find a comfortable position with the electronic adjustments. I imagine newer models have larger or more comfortable seats for long distances.