2001 SLK230
By hugalar on
2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK 230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible (2.3L 4cyl S/C 6M)
I have owned this SLK230 for 5 years. I got it used with 42000, and now have 98000 miles on it. The only issue I have had is replacing brake lights a couple of times, the dome light goes out about once a year and thats about it. This car GREAT! People always ask me how much the car cost (annoying) because the way it looks. It looks like an expensive car, but I picked it up for a good deal. The interior is comfortable for a sports car, the stereo is amazing, the hard top convertible only takes 20 sec. to go down so it can easily be done at a red light. I have taken this car to its limits, fast cornering and hard breaking, so this car can handle all kinds of driving.
Favorite Features
The exterior is amazing. The styling of this car keeps it looking new. This car is now 13 years old but looks just a few years old because of the exterior styling. The bucket seats hug you when going around corners. The rear wheels are very wide and provide plenty of grip. The MB emblem on the steering brings a smile to my face, I worked my ass off to get this car, its the first nice car I have ever had, so the MB emblem might have more of a meaning to it than it does for most people. Its a small vehicle so parking is easy.
Suggested Improvements
The interior could be a little better. The center console lining is pealing on my car. I don't know if thats common for these cars. The dome light goes out about once a year, its pretty annoying. The break lights have gone out on me twice in five years, so that can use some improvements.