2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SLK-Class model:
27 MPG in town
By Dr. Drewry on 11/02/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK 320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car actually gets 27 mpg in town rather than Edmunds 19 mpg statistic. It's a joy to drive and has required no major maintenance other than preventative along with tires, brakes and battery. They just don't build them like this any more! The most satisfying car I've ever owned.

Great Roadster
By John Montgomery on 07/30/10 04:51 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK 320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this car last year with approximately 76,000 miles on the odometer. No issues until recently when the on board computer had to be replaced for $1500 - ouch! It's amazing how smooth and quickly the car accelerates. Before you know it, you're doing 70 mph! I bought the car that was equipped with the optional SP1 Sport Package (Sculpted lower body with aerodynamic enhancements such as bumpers, side sills, projector beam front fog lamps, AMG alloy wheels and performance tires). This is my second car that I drive only on sunny days. I've gotten many compliments on the car and deservedly so.

It was a fun experience
By Cynthia on 07/15/10 11:44 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK 320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I totaled my SLK 320 when I broadsided a huge SUV. I loved that little car. It's solidly built heavy engine saved my life. I paid cash for the car in 2001 and I'm really disappointed at how much it had depreciated over the years. It did not hold its value well at all. My biggest complaint was with the interior around the gear shift. The coating flaked off and was unsightly. I've noticed this in other SLK vehicles. I didn't leave my car in the sun, so you can't blame the environment. On a long trip, it's not comfortable.

Love it!
By Mark on 05/12/09 23:20 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK 320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

The car is magic to drive! I was scared about buying an SLK. I read mixed reviews. I decided to plunge and get it. The retractable hard top was a desired feature. I wanted Lexus sc 430 so I could drive my nephews, but couldn't find one with my price range. I love my silver. Interior is red and black leather, which matches university colors. Manual 6 speed was recommended and does add to enthusiastic driving..and limits my cell phone use because I need to shift gears - probably a good thing! This car has Bose sound system and quality sound with top down. Car maneuvers like a dream and accelerates sufficiently. Behind the wheel I know I have a well crafted machine at hand.

SLK what a car
By Jesse on 05/08/07 14:24 PM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK 320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I've had my SLK for almost 6 years. While it's sporty, fun to drive and I love the hardtop,this car is exhulerating to drive. Powerful, handles curves as if on rails. Hardtop operates like magic

A Beauty
By Paul on 05/01/07 05:46 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK 320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

I love this car, wanted one for many years and finally had the opportunity to get one. It's a beauty in Black. 2001 with only 40k miles and perfect condition. I save it for the great weather and the weekends. Great handler and smooth ride, great head turner too

My First Mercedes
By mcone on 04/04/07 11:20 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK 320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Have loved this car since the day I picked it up at the dealership. A joy to own and drive, and problems have been minimal!

Excellent Convertible and Cute too!
By Yasmin Daniels on 12/28/06 11:59 AM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK 320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

Driving this roadster is not only luxurious, but also pleasant. When the top comes down, it is an absolutely sexy looking car!

MBZ Owner
By SAK on 05/14/06 09:17 AM (PDT)

2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK 320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

We've owned MBZ's since 1986 and this is the most enjoyable of all. Like the hardtop convertible for driving in all types of weather in the NW. We swapped our '37 Ford streetrod for our SLK. It's much more practical and we drive it more. We've had no problems and enjoy every moment of driving, plus there's no room for the kids and dogs. MBZ did a great job of design and performance.

Best Car I Ever Had
By Myron T. Chambers on 01/16/06 19:18 PM (PST)

2001 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK 320 2dr Convertible (3.2L 6cyl 6M)

This car is exhulerating to drive. Powerful, handles curves as if on rails. Hardtop operates like magic. No Problems after three years!