2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class 2.3L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Fun car

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Review

SLK230 Kompressor Convertible (2.3L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual)

Fun car
By Rick71 on

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

I bought this car used, and very much in love with it. I traded a 2001 Caddy Deville in for it and glad I did. No the SLK doesn't have 275 hp or 300 lbs of torque,no power, heated seats but it's also not a Caddy. In all honesty I dont miss all the gadgets the Caddy had because I never used them ( well maybe the heated seats). Being able to take curves 3 times as fast as the Caddy, getting 25 mph intown compared to 17, and filling up a lot less often and alot less money is worth it. Having a hard top that fold and hides in the trunk helps too. Even though the SLK has almost 100 less hp and torque it weighs about a ton less and is alot quicker and with the speed limiter not set at 111. Fun car.

Favorite Features

Love the hard top folding to go in the trunk. The super charged four cylinder. The way it handles a curve. The reliabilty of a German made automobile.

Suggested Improvements

The fact that Mercedes-Benz made the console cheap. They took a plastic console a nd spray vinyled it. In a converible with UV rays bearing down and other elements it made the spray vinyl blister and peal.I hope they fixed this problem in future models.