2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

SLK230 Kompressor 2.3L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (16 reviews )
mercedes
By Mike975 on 02/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

I bought this car for my son as a birthday present and on my way back from the dealership i fell in love with the car that i decided to keep it for my self the problem was that i still had to get him a present so i gav him my lexus.

Too Fun
By Dr. L on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

I owned numerous fine cars prior to buying this one in 99. I have always enjoyed this car more than any of the others. It really hit home Christmans of 2002 when I got hit on one of our major freeways at 60 mph and thrown into a concrete embankment. The airbag deployed and I walk away without a single scracth on me. My car was in the shop for 6 weeks with 18,000 of damage. I got it back yesterday and it looks and drives showroom new. I can not tell you how much I have missed it.

Devil in Disguise
By Azar on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

Actually, I have the SLK 320 (not 230), and I can't emphasize on how far away you should stay from this car. I have had so many issues with it, I can't believe it. I fell I have driven MBenz loaner car more than mine (which by the way is not a M Benz, it's a bloody Camry). I don't like the car, I don't like the dealership, and I don't like the service. I may sound like one of those complainers, but this car has given me hell. And if any of you M Benz dealers are reading this, why don't you please stick it!

I bought another one just like it
By NN on 01/21/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

I bought this car in las vegas, and drove it home to northern calif. I bonded with this car..I was in love! I had it 7 months when my son decided to take it for a spin while I was out of town. He was coming down a hill at approx. 80mph..lost control on a turn, hit a brick wall, went airborn, the car spun around and hit another brick wall. All four airbags went off, the car was a totaled mess! Hardly recognizable, I was in shock when I saw it. What happened to my son? NOT A SCRATCH! I was so thankful and impressed! I think the safety of this little car speaks for itself.

Just traded this on in.
By IanGravina on 09/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

Reliability of this car was outstanding. It was fun to drive, but was short on space. The warranty was running out, so I traded it in for a new ML500. The dealer was exceptionally easy to deal with as it related to some minor fixes. They always gave me a loaner (even when bringing it in for oil changes). Dealings with domestic dealerships on such things have resulted in claims of "that's the way it's supposed to be", or the fixing of one thing and the breaking of another (My domestic experiences have been limited to Cadillac and Dodge).

SLK 230
By Ward on 02/26/02 12:53 PM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Convertible SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

Great car if you want a solid, smooth handling sports car. Plenty of pep, but not enough to get you in trouble. Motorized top is exceptional. Fantastic workmanship inside and out. Not a car for you if you want an all-out racer, but great if you want to cruise in style and confort