Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

SLK230 Kompressor 2.3L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (16 reviews )

Slk 230 should you buy one???
By benz2000B

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

The answer to the question his hell yeah!! This car is great. I've owned by benz for 2yrs. It's a lot of fun and always, always gets compliments on it's look. It drives great with surprising acceleration. People seem to want to challenge you when they pull next to you just to see u take off. Love the car would recommend to anyone looking. Very reliable and you get what you expect. Never had to do anything other than change a spark plug. Take care of it! Baby it! This car will run for ever. Top was slow at first. Spent $30 for hydrolic fluid, never had a problem since. If you take care of a car than you will love this. If you r a person that changes oil every 20-30k don't even think of this

look and the top! always get compliments! ALWAYS!

Cup holders. Great design for looks. Going over a few bumps might get coffee on your slacks right before you walk in work. Love this car though!

Fun car
By Rick71

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

I bought this car used, and very much in love with it. I traded a 2001 Caddy Deville in for it and glad I did. No the SLK doesn't have 275 hp or 300 lbs of torque,no power, heated seats but it's also not a Caddy. In all honesty I dont miss all the gadgets the Caddy had because I never used them ( well maybe the heated seats). Being able to take curves 3 times as fast as the Caddy, getting 25 mph intown compared to 17, and filling up a lot less often and alot less money is worth it. Having a hard top that fold and hides in the trunk helps too. Even though the SLK has almost 100 less hp and torque it weighs about a ton less and is alot quicker and with the speed limiter not set at 111. Fun car.

Love the hard top folding to go in the trunk. The super charged four cylinder. The way it handles a curve. The reliabilty of a German made automobile.

The fact that Mercedes-Benz made the console cheap. They took a plastic console a nd spray vinyled it. In a converible with UV rays bearing down and other elements it made the spray vinyl blister and peal.I hope they fixed this problem in future models.

Head Turner
By Max Dehn

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

I am extremely happy with my SLK. This car is THE head turner, so stay away from it if you are shy. This vehicle is a perfect blend of style, performance, reliability, safety and status. The retractable hard top works perfectly and it is almost like having two cars. The trunk is surprisingly big for the size of the car. Z3s and TTs are also great cars but you see them everywhere whereas the SLK is more unique and contributes to the head-turning factor.

The retractable hard top is the best feature, for sure. The Bose sound is great too.

I believe that power seats were optional in 2000. I would like to have power and memory seats on it as that would help sharing the drive with my wife.

Black Beauty
By M.L. Charlson

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

Talk about turning heads...WOW. I get people talking to me everytime I park. This is really a fun car with a touch of class. The performance and handling makes it a wonderful car to drive.

The hardtop convertable give you the best of both worlds. Its like owning two different cars.

Update the dash and the instruments, as well as changing the radio. I sure would like to be able to play my CD's. Why can't M-B have a better radio with surround sound? The seat could use more padding.

sporty car
By craig robert

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

Typical of Mercedes engineering. No squeeks, rattles. as you find in American sports cars.

Top is the best engineered part of the car. The handling is superior to other cars.