2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Reviews

SLK230 Kompressor 2.3L 4-cyl. Supercharger 5-speed Manual - (16 reviews )
Slk 230 should you buy one???
By benz2000B on 05/29/09 23:34 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

The answer to the question his hell yeah!! This car is great. I've owned by benz for 2yrs. It's a lot of fun and always, always gets compliments on it's look. It drives great with surprising acceleration. People seem to want to challenge you when they pull next to you just to see u take off. Love the car would recommend to anyone looking. Very reliable and you get what you expect. Never had to do anything other than change a spark plug. Take care of it! Baby it! This car will run for ever. Top was slow at first. Spent $30 for hydrolic fluid, never had a problem since. If you take care of a car than you will love this. If you r a person that changes oil every 20-30k don't even think of this

Fun car
By Rick71 on 03/15/07 20:16 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

I bought this car used, and very much in love with it. I traded a 2001 Caddy Deville in for it and glad I did. No the SLK doesn't have 275 hp or 300 lbs of torque,no power, heated seats but it's also not a Caddy. In all honesty I dont miss all the gadgets the Caddy had because I never used them ( well maybe the heated seats). Being able to take curves 3 times as fast as the Caddy, getting 25 mph intown compared to 17, and filling up a lot less often and alot less money is worth it. Having a hard top that fold and hides in the trunk helps too. Even though the SLK has almost 100 less hp and torque it weighs about a ton less and is alot quicker and with the speed limiter not set at 111. Fun car.

Head Turner
By Max Dehn on 04/18/05 17:01 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

I am extremely happy with my SLK. This car is THE head turner, so stay away from it if you are shy. This vehicle is a perfect blend of style, performance, reliability, safety and status. The retractable hard top works perfectly and it is almost like having two cars. The trunk is surprisingly big for the size of the car. Z3s and TTs are also great cars but you see them everywhere whereas the SLK is more unique and contributes to the head-turning factor.

Black Beauty
By M.L. Charlson on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

Talk about turning heads...WOW. I get people talking to me everytime I park. This is really a fun car with a touch of class. The performance and handling makes it a wonderful car to drive.

sporty car
By craig robert on 04/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

Typical of Mercedes engineering. No squeeks, rattles. as you find in American sports cars.

I love this car
By ctd3 on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

I plan to purchase an extended warranty for an additional 7 years coverage as I never want to sell this car. It's my 5th Benz and love this one the most.

Fun Car needs improved quality control
By derleute on 08/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

This is a spectacular car to drive - heads turn and eyes pop when the hardtop goes up and down. Though service was excellent, I've had too many incidental problems: the roof failed 2X, Dash warning indicators 2X; A/C; Bose receiver quit; tailight shorted; etc etc. But is it FUN to drive! My wife never cared much about cars but loves to drive this one.

AWESOME CAR!
By KennethC on 05/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

Just got this car for my 18th birthday, and I am in heaven. It handles like a dream, and there is no comparision with any other car in its class with regards to style.

My 2000 SLK 230
By spdjhd on 04/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

Other than some fit and finish problems, and loose, flapping top cables under the headliner, this has been a superb automobile. It took a while to get the annoyances fixed, but I love this car.

Cool little car
By ibcoolubcool2 on 03/15/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Kompressor 2dr Convertible

I just love my little car! It is not a car for the drag strip, you will need the SLK32amg for that but the 230 will hit 60 in about 7 seconds. I have the manual stick shift for a more involved driving pleasure.