Small, Simple and Fun!
By johnnylee123 on
1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Sport 2dr Convertible
This car is great. After I bought this car, I looked at many reviews on the SLK and it got a lot of scorn and bad reviews about bad handling and mediocre performance ect. But the SLK230 is honestly a fantastic car to own. I have the one with the sport AMG package which adds the AMG body kit and wheels, but not a suspension upgrade as I assumed until I looked it up. This car is built solidly, when Mercedes was good and not overly complicated with computers, and for that reason I believe its so reliable. The reliability for me could rival a Toyota, no problems at all. The handling is excellent. It stays flat in the corners and is extremely nimble with good steering feel.
Favorite Features
Timeless Styling, I constantly get looks and compliments. Simple interior Build quality, the materials are built with durability that feel like it'll easily surpass the life of the car and not fall to pieces or break. Handling, flat cornering, responsive steering with good feed back. Many reviewers have criticized the SLK for having numb steering feel, however I think there talking about the SLK320 which uses a recirculation ball steering rack, the SLK230, I think, uses rack and pinion which gives feed back to the driver. Also the reliability of this car has been great, its simple without all those useless computers which causes electrical problems in the long haul.
Suggested Improvements
None, extremely grateful to have this car! It is a heck of a lot better than taking the bus or walking.