1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class Consumer Review: So much fun!

1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class - Consumer Review

So much fun!
By dcslkgirl on

1999 Mercedes-Benz SLK-Class SLK230 Sport 2dr Convertible

I am loving every minute of it. The sport package is a must, as it "beefens" the look of the SLK. I am used to V-8, but the turbo picks up quick! Make sure to get an extended warranty, if possible, as MB is known for its mechanical problems. Had a defective camshaft position sensor within the first 2 weeks of ownership, but warranty covered it. Has been known to have recurring problems with the PSE pump (locks the doors and sets the alarm). Check out online forums to get a feel for potential problems of the SLK. Overall, this vehicle is sexy! You will love every minute of driving. I get stares everywhere I go, with the top up, down, and in between. Friends call it the bat-mobile.

Retractable hardtop convertible. Sport package with AMG wheels. Turbo kompressor engine. The fact that I am driving a MB!

Cup holder stinks - I don't even use it. Interior paint peels easily, but is an easy DIY fix. PSE pump is an expensive part that is essentially placed in a pool of water in the trunk of the car. Bad design placement!