2007 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL55 AMG - Consumer Reviews

SL55 AMG 5.4L V8 Supercharger 5-speed Automatic - (5 reviews )
Second SL55 AMG
By 4ocious on 03/15/09 07:22 AM (PDT)

2007 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL55 AMG SL55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

After driving an 06 SL55 AMG I traded my fully optioned and modified 04 CLK55 AMG for this fully optioned car with the 030 Performance Package. I had it less than a month when it was totaled on 12/31/08. I am so impressed by this car I bought an 07 SL55 AMG with the 030 and all options after the insurance claims were settled. For comparison I tested the 09 Shelby GT500KR, 09 Chev Corvette Z06, 07 BMW 650i convt, 08 BMW 550 Sport and an 08 SL550 Sport. I even considered an 08 CLK63 Black Series. Personally, I think the SLs are great cars that can do everything very well. Although it is not as nimble as my previous 03 BMW M5 and 02 M3 its still my 1st choice. It's stablemate is a great 05 E55.

A Balance Between Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
By TC on 03/04/09 21:24 PM (PST)

I never would have paid the MSRP for this car new, but as a 2 year old lease return with less than 15K for 50% of MSRP, it seemed reasonable. The balance of performance and luxury/comfort is very impressive. It's very comfortable as a luxo- cruiser, but only a short throttle stab away from a rear-end sliding beast. I've had BMW's and S-version Audi's before, and this time I looked at used AM Vantage's (poor warranty) and M6's (sorry - just not very attractive), and considered 911's as well(yes, it's more of a sports car), but as a daily luxo driver in urban traffic that is still capable of lots of hard-top down, rip-snorting fun, this is a very tough car to beat....especially for 1/2 off!

A grown-up toy
By Elle on 01/30/08 18:03 PM (PST)

The power of 510 ponies cannot be beat when you're behind a truck, along side a slow poke, or just dying to feel the wind in your hair. Tons of truck space, all the bells, tolerable gas mileage, and fun, fun fun. Just wish people didn't park right next to me all the time!

Fun Fancy and Frivolous
By orangele on 04/23/07 13:42 PM (PDT)

This is my third SL-class car I have owned in the past 3 years. I would have never gotten an SL55 except for the large price mark-down from the sticker since this is a lease return. This car obviously has the most power (510 hp), and thus the first time I floored the pedal, I said "WOW." This car does move. The motorized hard top is definitely cool, and makes the car versatile. It is also luxurious inside. Finally this car is expensive. Thus fun, fancy and frivolous.

Stealth Race Car
By mike on 07/15/06 23:09 PM (PDT)

The 07 SL 55 has subtle but great improvements over prior model years. The paddle shift is much better than the button set up on the prior AMG. The ride with 19 inch rims is very smooth for a performance car. Best of all it is somewhat stealth, at least here in So Cal as there are so many SL's running around. My only disappointment is that the navi is still somewhat behind that of Acura and the sound system is good but not great. In a $130 K car you would think the sound system would be as good as the exhaust "sound". All in all this is a dream car and feel lucky to own one. Prior car was an 02 E55 and still love it but not a much as this SL 55 Duh!!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.