Performance, Luxury, Muscle Car all in one
By Jim on
2006 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)
My SL55 has been the car I always wanted. It outperforms the 2 year old Porshe I turned, in all catagories. It is faster, corners better and much more comfortable. The hard top convertible gives you a quiet ride when up.I have had a few minor electronic problems that were fixed quickly I have the SL 65 sport package on mine. It is the same car as an SL65 without the extra 800 pounds in the motor and only 111 less H.P. This is the best production sports,luxury,Muscle car on the road. The downside, They charge you for all 3 cars.It beats almost everything. If you can afford a $145,000 car, This is the best car on the road.
Favorite Features
Pick-up, cornering, comfort, SL65 package really changes the car. Braking and quick moves on the road at high speeds is amazing. Keyless Go. Leave the key in your pocket and it opens the door and starts the car. The workmanship is amazing.
Suggested Improvements
The command center needs changes. Ths aftermarket GPS in my other car is a lot better. The GPS entry is tedious and chooses bad routes sometimes. But it wil get you there. The trunk is very small. Have seperate keys for drivers so that all of the interior changes adjust by who is walking up.