Love It!!!
By ChitownSL55 on
2005 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)
I bought this car because I wanted a toy. Something to drive on nice days with the top down. The car is beautiful. People stop me all the time to tell me what a nice car it is. It looks great weather the top is up or down. I don't really get to open it up because here in Chicago there is always too much traffic but I have driven it late at night and the car is a rocket. It sounds great when you start it and press on the gas and heads will turn to look where the roar is coming from.
Favorite Features
The power!!! This car will hurt feelings. People pull up all the time and want to race but it's never a race because once the 493 horses kick in they're way behind. The parking assist is very helpful for saving your bumper paint. The cab is very quiet when the top is up.
Suggested Improvements
I'm not a huge fan of the Bose system. The CD player is too sensitive and the speakers could use some more power. It's not really that big of a deal to me because I'm willing to upgrade the stereo. These days there is always a device you can buy to integrate whatever you have to work in your car.