2005 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:
SL500. 10 Years Ahead of the Competition
By cohiba4me on 11/13/04 09:05 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Everything about this car screams perfection. The only drawback is the amount of the check it takes to bring it home. She is sexy, yet bold. Her lines are timeless and forever. I have owned 6 cars that cost over $100k and this is by far my favorite.

Awesome
By Millionmax on 11/03/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I am loving this car. I have an older S500 sedan, but the precision with which this performs is awesome. The top drops easily and it feels great to drive in any conditions I have met.

love my car
By kay1985 on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL600 2dr Convertible (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I was given my car as a HS grad gift. I am going to college now and it just so happens that I got a great garage park so I do not have to worry about my "baby"! Always cranks on 1st try , even if I've been cramming for exams and have not driven it for a day or two. I don't mind the looks either!

Beautiful car flawed by engine noise
By JohnDP on 10/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Probably the best-looking car Mercedes has ever made. The retractable hardtop is fabulous and should be copied by all convertible car makers. It is however seriously marred by two major flaws. The engine pings as if it is running on low-octane gas all the time. (I use 91 ). Going uphill with a passenger it sounds like diesel sometimes. For a car this expensive, it ought to run much smoother than that. Spoils the otherwise perfect ride. Mercedes tells me they all do it, its not a repairable item. Also, the controls are very badly designed. You better keep the manual with you at all times or be a computer engineer.

My new baby
By hench on 10/19/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I have owned my 2005 SL500 for 1 week now. Traded in my 2002 M3 after its 3rd recall. Gave up some performance for a lot more comfort and luxury, not to mention that sweet drop top. I have gotten 10x's the stares and comments in this than I ever did in the M3. So far, I couldn't be happier with the trade. Traffic is so dense these days, I couldn't use all the power the M3 had 90% of the time.

great car
By raymundo on 10/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

great car over all, I love it.

2005 SL55 AMG
By jason ray on 10/09/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

IT IS TOUGH TO KEEP THIS CAR UNDER 100MPH THE SL55 AMG IS AN UNBELIEVABLE RIDE AND EXTRA POWER TO SPARE WITH ITS SUPERCHARGED 493 HP AND 516 LBS OF TORQUE. THIS VEHICLE NUDGES OUT THE 03- 04 VIPER STOCK ON THE TRACK BUT IS STILL COMFORTABLE TO DRIVE ON A FEW HOUR TRIP UNLIKE ANY OTHER CAR IN THIS CLASS. THE BEST $125,000 EVER SPENT....

2005 Mercedes 500 SL
By 1975goldeneagle on 10/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Just picked up the car at the factory in Germany. The car handles great on the autobahn at +100 mph. I also own a BMW Z-8, and much too my surprise I enjoy driving this more with the top down.

the best
By herrera on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

the best in the market cannot go wrong with this one , test drive it and you will fall in love with it nothing like it available.

Love the BENZ!
By R.S.M. on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I was treated with courtesy. No doubt I will return for future purchases. The Benz SL600 is the best!