Used 2005 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL600 Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Mercedes-benz Sl-class - Consumer Reviews

2005 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:

SL600
By Bernie Doran

2005 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL600 2dr Convertible (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a great car and my second SL, the other is an 1994 SL500 and it is also a great car. the difference in eleven years is astounding. the 05 has every available option except heated steering wheel, it was a CA car. amazed at the MPG on freeway, went to Cleveland a week ago, about 100 mi with 90 on I71, the goofy thing indicated 24.6 MPG!! used the distronic, I thought that would be joke, nope, it is great touched the brake/throttle once in 90 freeway miles. speed was set at 70(this is Ohio)we have a unique way of collecting road tax here. The push in the seat is addictive, another 100 hp would not make much difference, would be interesting to see another 400 hp.

Favorite Features

twin turbo intercooled V12, wonderful engines, V12s have perfect primary and secondary balance.

Suggested Improvements

only possible complaint is a very slight turbo lag, it is not much but it is there. A blower is instantaneous but eats power to twist them

Best ever
By tandan

Is it a coupe or is it a convertible? It is both and the best ever of each. After 4700 mi. I am a happy camper. It is safe, it is solid, and it is beautiful. If I put my foot into it, it is faster than my Viper. If i don't, it gets the same mileage as my Lexus. If you can afford it, this car is the true pinnacle of design and performance.

Favorite Features

Drop top hardtop, drivetrain, design, voice control, leather everywhere, seats-adjustable-cooled-heated, and massage. smooth delivery of mind boggling power

The Best
By John

Truly fabulous automobile. With the top down it is awesome! There is no other convertible that I would consider in this price range.

Favorite Features

The power and handling. The top mechanism is flawless.

Suggested Improvements

Phone and navigation technology is outdated.

love my car
By kay1985

I was given my car as a HS grad gift. I am going to college now and it just so happens that I got a great garage park so I do not have to worry about my "baby"! Always cranks on 1st try , even if I've been cramming for exams and have not driven it for a day or two. I don't mind the looks either!

Favorite Features

style

Suggested Improvements

seats a little cushier

the best
By herrera

the best in the market cannot go wrong with this one , test drive it and you will fall in love with it nothing like it available.

Favorite Features

whats under the hood,keyless go,wheels,sound system, well i have the best of all brands i like it all.