2005 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:
SL600
By Bernie Doran on 06/04/09 08:24 AM (PDT)

2005 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL600 2dr Convertible (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

This is a great car and my second SL, the other is an 1994 SL500 and it is also a great car. the difference in eleven years is astounding. the 05 has every available option except heated steering wheel, it was a CA car. amazed at the MPG on freeway, went to Cleveland a week ago, about 100 mi with 90 on I71, the goofy thing indicated 24.6 MPG!! used the distronic, I thought that would be joke, nope, it is great touched the brake/throttle once in 90 freeway miles. speed was set at 70(this is Ohio)we have a unique way of collecting road tax here. The push in the seat is addictive, another 100 hp would not make much difference, would be interesting to see another 400 hp.

Best ever
By tandan on 09/25/05 17:56 PM (PDT)

Is it a coupe or is it a convertible? It is both and the best ever of each. After 4700 mi. I am a happy camper. It is safe, it is solid, and it is beautiful. If I put my foot into it, it is faster than my Viper. If i don't, it gets the same mileage as my Lexus. If you can afford it, this car is the true pinnacle of design and performance.

The Best
By John on 01/01/05 19:13 PM (PST)

Truly fabulous automobile. With the top down it is awesome! There is no other convertible that I would consider in this price range.

love my car
By kay1985 on 10/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I was given my car as a HS grad gift. I am going to college now and it just so happens that I got a great garage park so I do not have to worry about my "baby"! Always cranks on 1st try , even if I've been cramming for exams and have not driven it for a day or two. I don't mind the looks either!

SL600
By Dr Dave on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

This thing is a tiger when you want it to be, and it purrs when you're just cruising or on your cell phone.

Love the BENZ!
By R.S.M. on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

I was treated with courtesy. No doubt I will return for future purchases. The Benz SL600 is the best!

Fourth SL
By PAG on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

SL600 is the fourth SL Mercedes owned and positively the best vehicle

the best
By herrera on 10/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

the best in the market cannot go wrong with this one , test drive it and you will fall in love with it nothing like it available.

Mercedes Flagship
By R230SL on 09/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

Faster than a ZO6, more luxurious than a Roll's, and is built with quality that made Mercedes famous. This is the best 2 door roadster/coupe on the market, period.