2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:
my dream car ! ?
By muffin311 on 03/25/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car is an absolute dream to drive but the quality of the interior is not what a 100K should be. Very cheap feel wnd sounding. Ride is MUCH noisier than I thought it should be. Gas milage @15mi/gal around town. New back body design makes it look like a cheap car and not identifiable as an expensive Mercedes SL. Although I always buy SL Mercedes, this will be my last unless they make the car LOOK like 100K

They've Come A Long Way
By 2nd time around on 03/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is my second SL in 7 years and boy have they changed. The car is absolutely gorgeous and has all of the key luxury items that one would want. Aside from the sports package add on I did no options. Still the features, comfort, and styling are overwhelming. It's an excellent and awesome car.

The Best
By Gstrof on 03/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This Mercedes is the best that we have owned yet! Very sporty and moves like the wind - performs like a beautiful machine. The service we receive is awesome.

SL500
By Gus Triantis on 03/19/04 00:00 AM (PST)

the car is great

Peg's critique
By peg west on 03/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

The 2004 that I recently purchased is the 6th SL that I've owned.. I love it!

SL55
By Bliss on 03/13/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The best all around performance car available. Its a sports car (albeit a heavy one) a convertible (magic) a luxury car and just plain beautiful. The exhaust note is addicting and its in traffic manners are relaxing. Find an open stretch of road and there will be FEW cars that will be able to keep up. I love it!

Big Change For The Better
By L. Huncilman on 03/07/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Our third SL (1991 and 1999) - almost every feature has been imprcved - most notable improvements are ride, noise.handling and styling - Very pleased with this car.

i love it!
By patricia biafora on 02/29/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

i love this car it is fun and looks great. we are so impressed with the model. our friends who have seen the car feel in love with it also!

CEO
By BRUCE BOOKBINDER on 02/23/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL600 2dr Convertible (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

I HAVE OWNED OVER 150 VEHICLES, AND THIS IS THE BEST EVER

Wonderful car to drive
By Belius on 02/21/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I traded my 2003 SL500 for a 2004. Both handled as well as anyone could want but the 2004 with the seven speed automatic is even more fun to drive. It is like getting 50 extra horsepower haveing the extra gears. Everything works perfectly and neither car has been in the shop for any repairs.