2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:
2004 sl500
By DoubleT on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Great trunk room for a hardtop convertible. While great interior room, week thigh support. Great balance of sport and luxury ..... GT touring. Need DVD based GPS. Good road to steering wheel marriage.

Pure Sweetness
By ILopez on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car is so responsive. I just love the tiger in the engine. Might I add, fun to drive. A real looker.

LOVE/HATE RELATIONSHIP
By llenroc74 on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I LOVE THIS CAR. I HATE THIS CAR. EVERYTHING IS GREAT EXCEPT BUILD QUALITY AND RELIABILITY. DEALER REPLACED TRANSMISSION AT 1,300 MILES. BRAKES (Sensotronic) STILL DON'T WORK CORRECTLY. DEALER SERVICE IS APPALING. M/B CUSTOMER SERVICE (Montvale, NJ) IS RUDE AND UNHELPFUL. TRYING TO INVOKE MY RIGHTS UNDER NYS LEMON LAW SEEMS FUTILE. MY 4th M/B SL AND MY LAST.

best car i have ever owned
By barrys on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

this car is the best car i have ever known.. performance, looks, styling, technology and handling...its the best... period

The Finest Luxury Sports Car
By jimminy on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is a great car. It has meet all of my expectations and is a fine companion to my other Benz, an S500.

The best of the best
By Dr Rick on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Every red blooded American male dreams about owning a car like this. It is sexy, stylish and extremely powerful. I have the limited edition Designo sports model. It turns heads and stops traffic where ever I go. It doesn't get any better than this.

Flawless
By RJP on 05/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Flawless performance. Beautiful styling in and out. It looks exactly the way it performs. Responds instantly to accelerator. Can easily get ahead of other vehicles and into clear road ahead. Handling is superb. Does not lean or sway. Beautifully takes curves with ease. Quintessential sports car. Wish it had more cabin storage, and that it had a better gas mileage.

owner
By Jimm Dao on 05/22/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

fun to drive. It is mercedes...

OUR SL55AMG
By jp604 on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I have had every make of car there is over the years. Ferrari, BMW,Mercedes, Porsche.etc., but nothing as fun to drive as this SL55AMG. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give it a 12. Solid, incredibly quick, comfortable, yet a cat on the road.I have yet to find a single thing to dislike. Great job Mercedes, keep the new innovations coming.

SL500 Benz
By SimonSL500 on 05/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I love the ride. The car gets so much attention from other drivers, so be warned this car is a head turner! The engine is amazing when put into manual. Love it!