2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:
SL 500
By dockott on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Truly the best engineered car I have owned. It is my 4th SL. The convertible hard-top also has a glass panoramic roof. Highway mileage is nearly 23 miles per gallon at 8o mph. The ride firmness is adjustible for Sunday comfort or serious cornering. Very quiet with the top down, which is as often as possible

Mercedes supercar
By scarface on 06/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

I just got this car a few months ago, february 2004, and since the first test drive, I loved it. I sold a ferrari 355 to buy this car, and it was worth it. It is just as fast as the ferrari, yet infinitly more civilized, practical, comfortable, luxurius... This is truly the best car in the world, fast, comfortable, rolls royce level of fit and finish.

not too bad
By BArianfield on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I bought this SL500 last summer and so far it has been a reliable, comfortable car that also handles like a Porsche. I am not too sure about the exterior styling. Some people mistake my car for an SLK which is a lot cheaper. I don't know about you, but I hate that! Otherwise, this is a wonderful sports car loaded with convenience features and Mercedes cachet.

Incredible Driving Machine
By wetdream on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

An incredible driving machine with superb mechanics. Unfortunately the electronics are sadly dated (10yrs??). Absolutely love driving the vehicle. Most fun in an automobile in years. Just wish Mercedes had looked at Japanese and/or American makes to see where todays electronics are. I have spent more time studying the manual than for all the many previous autos I have owned,combined! Why does setting radio presets have to be complicated?? Come on Mercedes make it a perfect auto with updated electronics.

THIS CAR IS THE BEST EVER!
By nobizlikshobiz on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

AWESOME! IN EVERY WAY!

I love the SL55AMG
By MLG on 06/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.4L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The SL55AMG is by far the best car in the world. It has then hard top convertible and all the specifcations you can want. The only poor thing is that you can't get in a the charcoal colour. The interior is really comfortable and it has a massage system which is really relaxing.

Awesome!
By Arkansas Traveler on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car is a delight to drive, and a privilege to own. Superb handling, outstanding styling, and a mechancial marvel. I savor each and every driving experience. In short, this car is intoxicating.

2004 sl500r
By Buddly on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

perfect in every way

Great car!
By bugdust on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After owning my SL500 for over a year, I am still thrilled everytime I climb in and drive away. Although I travel a lot for business and don't get to drive my car as much as many do, this car is still the consumate sports car and gets a second look from a lot of people. All in all, the best ride I've ever had.

Nothing like it...
By Kathy123 on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is my third SL-500, Customer service at my dealership is impeccable, the car itself is amazing. I love driving it. Is it expensive?... probably... am I worth it?....You bet! Will ever drive anything else?...NEVER!