2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:
SL 500
By dockott on 07/07/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Truly the best engineered car I have owned. It is my 4th SL. The convertible hard-top also has a glass panoramic roof. Highway mileage is nearly 23 miles per gallon at 8o mph. The ride firmness is adjustible for Sunday comfort or serious cornering. Very quiet with the top down, which is as often as possible

not too bad
By BArianfield on 06/24/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I bought this SL500 last summer and so far it has been a reliable, comfortable car that also handles like a Porsche. I am not too sure about the exterior styling. Some people mistake my car for an SLK which is a lot cheaper. I don't know about you, but I hate that! Otherwise, this is a wonderful sports car loaded with convenience features and Mercedes cachet.

Incredible Driving Machine
By wetdream on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

An incredible driving machine with superb mechanics. Unfortunately the electronics are sadly dated (10yrs??). Absolutely love driving the vehicle. Most fun in an automobile in years. Just wish Mercedes had looked at Japanese and/or American makes to see where todays electronics are. I have spent more time studying the manual than for all the many previous autos I have owned,combined! Why does setting radio presets have to be complicated?? Come on Mercedes make it a perfect auto with updated electronics.

THIS CAR IS THE BEST EVER!
By nobizlikshobiz on 06/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

AWESOME! IN EVERY WAY!

Awesome!
By Arkansas Traveler on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car is a delight to drive, and a privilege to own. Superb handling, outstanding styling, and a mechancial marvel. I savor each and every driving experience. In short, this car is intoxicating.

2004 sl500r
By Buddly on 06/02/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

perfect in every way

Great car!
By bugdust on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

After owning my SL500 for over a year, I am still thrilled everytime I climb in and drive away. Although I travel a lot for business and don't get to drive my car as much as many do, this car is still the consumate sports car and gets a second look from a lot of people. All in all, the best ride I've ever had.

Nothing like it...
By Kathy123 on 06/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This is my third SL-500, Customer service at my dealership is impeccable, the car itself is amazing. I love driving it. Is it expensive?... probably... am I worth it?....You bet! Will ever drive anything else?...NEVER!

2004 sl500
By DoubleT on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Great trunk room for a hardtop convertible. While great interior room, week thigh support. Great balance of sport and luxury ..... GT touring. Need DVD based GPS. Good road to steering wheel marriage.

Pure Sweetness
By ILopez on 05/27/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

This car is so responsive. I just love the tiger in the engine. Might I add, fun to drive. A real looker.