2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:
SL500
By Harlan Cohen on 08/12/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Excellent car in everyway. I have been driving Sls since 1975 and this surpasses them all by a lot. It is a great looking car and handles just as well.Only thing missing is a sunglass holder.

Get it
By mpk on 08/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

the only problem I have found is with the breaks that they have promissed they will fix and the navigation needs improvement. But at least it works; unlike BMW 745 with a great NAV that does not work 1/2 the time.

Seat Belt problem??
By sab2k on 07/26/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I love this car, but the drivers seatbelt starting acting up. I took it in three times in two weeks with a persistent and recurring problem. Anyone out there had a similar problem? How was it resolved? Anyone out there with similar experiences at Caliber? Could be the dealers service personnel not trained sufficiently to work on thee masterpieces.

Heaven on earth
By maverick 15 on 07/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I am 6'6" tall and always wanted a convertible but could never fit. The SL 500 gives me plenty of room. It took a long time for dealers to realize that tall people love convertables, but it was worth the wait.

Fantastic Five
By PaulR on 07/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

It is absolutely the best car I have ever owned and I've owned almost 60 cars. this is one that I will never get rid of. It's stying, handling and performance leaves all the other cars in the dust.

My 500 SL
By Jm on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I had a 1998 500 SL before this one. I was never crazy about that car. It was bulky and difficult to drive. This one is sleek, attractive and lots of fun to drive.

MY DREAM CAR
By TROOPER82 on 07/11/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

FUN TO DRIVE, RELIABLE, HANDLES WELL, GREAT LOOKS, EVERY CONVENIENCE-MUCH BETTER THAN PREVIOUS SL SERIES-SAFE, POWERFUL-FRANKLY, JUST A DREAM!

I Love This Car!
By h2omom02 on 07/10/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Most responsive car I have ever driven. Acceleration is "seamless," with no hesitation at all. It corners like a race car. Taking curves is more fun than a straightaway.

Perfect Two-Seater
By desfourth on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I ordered this car after 9/11 and waited un til I did not have to pay a premium (actually received the car in 10/02). A squeek took a few visits to fix, but M-B did "everything" to take care of it. It is a dream to drive -- hard to believe it is so firm, even with the top down. Absolutely no cowl shake. A real looker.

my SL500
By Bob W. on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Whats not to love about this rocket luxury car!