2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:
Best car ever I tell you!!!
By jim vukaj on 12/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL600 2dr Convertible (5.5L 12cyl Turbo 5A)

It is a beustigul car. I would say that everything in it is great and the is no other convertible that will top the car. It runs like it has no road and drives like it is a F1 race car.

#1 Sportscar
By Mike Cherinka on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Bougth it love it and plan on keeping it

Nice Try Cadillac
By Taklberry on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Cadillac's XLR has a lot of improving to do before it ever meets the safety, handling and performance of the Mercedes-Benz SL500. Cadillac can put all the horse power they want into the XLR, but it will never be the car the SL500 is. I applaud Cadillac for challenging the niche market the SL500 dominates.

nice
By zac on 11/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

the new mercedes is like a miracle from above. it rides good, looks good, and gets all the ladies as well, buy one today

SL 500!!!
By G-Unit on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Awesome car w/ great performance and luxury of a Benz.

First SL
By ec on 11/19/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

Modern look with classy lines. This 50th anniversary edition is true to the 1954 300SL in looks but a little light on performance. This car should be faster. Also, light knocking on acceleration is annoying. New 7 speed transmission is very smooth. Handling with 18 inch wheels is superb. Steering is a bit heavy at slow speeds and you can tell this is a heavy car. But at highway speeds, it's a dream. If you have the money, this is the hardtop convertible to get.

The Best Ever
By Buchiepuma on 11/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

This is my 11th SL and my 4 V12, This one is by far the best ever. What a great car. It feels and hold the road great. I can't believe that they can top this one. The interior trim is so sophisticated and feels good to. I got the new color mars red with the standard wheels, it hot. I can't ask for more , very happy.

WISH I HAD TWO
By R. DUNCAN on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

MY 2004 SL500 IS A WONDERFUL AUTOMOBILE BUT PRICED 30% HIGH. THIS IS NUMBER 7 SINCE 2000 AND I'VE LOST MONEY ON ALL 7. HOW ABOUT GETTING A LITTLE HELP FROM THE DEALER.

The new 2004 MZB 500SL
By jwgmd on 11/05/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 7A)

I just bought the new 2004 SL after having previosly owned an SL back in 1993. I am very impressed with this car's handling. I have driven the BMW from sports car to 2002 745i and believe it or not this SL handles nicer than any BMW I've ever driven. It is solid, quiet, stunningly powerful and fun! I got the sport package which I highly recommend. The controls are easy compared to BMW's "I"-drive.Add up all the add ons and your talking an easy $100,000, but i think this one is worth every penny.