2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:
persoanl experience
By puttmutter on 08/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

a fantastic 2nd car. fun to drive, but trunk to samll for two golf bags.

Wickedly powerful
By claudio on 08/06/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This car replaced my already superb clk 55 and it shares the garage space with my Boxster S. It is unbelievebly fast and handles even better than the incredible Boxster. There are no words to describe this car it has to be driven. My car is black with red interior and AMG multi-spoke (turbine wheels). It has all the options and it is really a dream car!

ok
By leighton on 08/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

i love it. it has the best driving abiliy in the world. this is my favorite of all of my cars

fun car
By kfn on 08/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Excellent handling with lots of power. Navigation system to complicated especially for my wife. So far the car has been problem free

Mercedes Best Car
By J. Fitzgerald on 07/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

It is not noisey, it drives very smooth with sports override if you want, great brakes and easy to put top down. Mercedes has honored their commitment to send someone out if you have a problem. I had a flat and someone came within 20 minutes. Best car I have ever owned from Mercedes.

500SL
By JXR00 on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

A GREAT CAR REALLY TURNS HEADS!!!

SL500 - Good and Bad
By Boybuddah on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

The SL500 is my dream car...and also my nightmare. The car looks and drives awesome. But I have had it 3 weeks and it has been in the shop 3 times because the front xenon headlight continues to stop working...which makes it's dangerous for night driving. The service dept. has yet to figure out a solution. But like a Jaguar, it looks great SITTING in the garage!

foul smell in mercedes
By jjzachs on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

my car has been in shop for over 120 daysin one year.now there foul smell from a defect in the door design in the designo version. it supposidly leaked glue and caused a foul smell.we heard of other cars with same problem.mercedes has to date not told the exact nature of the problem or the chemical that leaked.my car still stinks

SL500-The Best
By jssurab on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I have had excellent experience with the car. It's styling and design is the best there is. It has plenty of power and the use of the top is easy. The computer controls take some time getting used to and the navigation is not easy to use. It's fuel economy is what I expected, but is not great. Technolically, it has everything.

da car
By bdawg223 on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

this caar is the best thing that has ever hapened to me