Used 2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Mercedes-benz Sl-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:

My Review
By Brandonw1566

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I love it!!! Its the best car ever!

Favorite Features

All of them

Suggested Improvements

None, it perfect!

looks only
By relfamily

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

reliability's very disappointing. on a monthly basis there is some small problem, which so far the excellent service dept. of this dealership was able to correct. but then there are some problems they cannot handle since it relates to the mechanical design of this car. we all know the low profile tires allow the rims to get nicked very easily ( there is a pending classaction suit ) the body flexes and there are noises from the roof latches and other parts of the car which MB have no idea how to correct. all in all this was a poor investments and u can get a better car for half this price. sorry MB but no wonder u are nbr 29 on the list of JDP..

Favorite Features

looks good

Suggested Improvements

see rev.

KEEP REACHING TILL YOU GET THIS FAR.
By BOBBY RISHTY

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I AM A CAR NUT. I ALWAYS HAVE BEEN. I STARTED DRIVING CELICA'S,SUPRA'S.JEEPS,CORVETTES,PORSCHE S,AND THEN A CONVERTIBLE CLK430,.I STILL WASNT SATISFIED. NOW I HAVE THE 2003 SL500. I AM VERY HAPPY. IT HAS LUXURY AND SPORTS CAR ALL IN ONE,.EVEN BETTER NOW WITH THE RETRACTABLE MOON ROOF. DONT BUY THIS CAR WITHOUT IT.THE ONLY THING THIS CAR IS LACKING FOR ME,.IS THE THRUST OF POWER I HAD WITH THE CORVETTE,.BUT IT IS A HEAVIER CAR AND WILL LAST LONGER.

Favorite Features

FAVORITE FEATURE IS THE RETRACTABLE MOON ROOF. THE MASSAGE HEATED/AIR-COND SEATS. AND THE HIDDEN CUPHOLDERS.

Suggested Improvements

I CAN ONLY WISH THE POWER OF THRUST WERE A LITTLE MORE..I LIKE MORE POWER,.I DIDNT GO TO THE SL55AMG. I HEARD THERE IS NO SPARE TIRE. I ALSO WOULD SUGGEST RUN FLAT TIRES. I GOT A FLAT 2 WEEKS AFTER I HAD THE CAR. WASNT FUN.

Dealers and Corp should listen to custom
By ac crenshaw

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

The overall performance of the car is excellent. The issue that I have is one of service. I had a problem with service at an Atlanta Dealer, wrote the corporate customer service folks and copied Mr. Halata of MBUSA and got a response which in essence just "blew me off." After owning at least 5 MB over the last 10 years I find that the dealers have become extremely proud of these cars to the extent that they are becoming arrogant. Sales without the necessary support staff means that this will be my last MB for a while. People do business with people who show them that they care. MBUSA has shown me that they "NO LONGER CARE."

THE JOY OF DRIVING
By DOUG CELAJ

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

THIS IS TRULY AN AMAZING MACHINE. FROM THE SECOND YOU PUT UR FOOT DOWN YOU CAN FEEL AN ADVENTURE EVERYTIME YOU DRIVE. THIS CAR DRIVES AS GOOD AS IT LOOKS AND BELIEVE ME IT LOOKS GREAT. YOU CAN TELL WHEN PEOPLE JUST TURN AND STARE AT YOU.

Favorite Features

MY FAVORITE FEATURE IS THE QUICK FOLDING CONVERTIBLE TOP.

Suggested Improvements

I THINK THE CAR IS PERFECT AND YOU SHOULDN'T MESS WITH PERFECTION.