2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:
Best Car I Have Ever Owned
By azmike on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

Without reservation this is the best car I have owned. The styling is fantastic and everything feels classy. Looked at Jag, Lexus SC and magazie previews of new cadillac--no comparision in my judgment.

Better than a Porsche C4 S
By Charles Day on 09/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

After owning and driving C4 Porsches, this SL55 AMG is the best. It has the torque of the Porsche Turbo and the fun of a convertible without the inconveniences of removing the hard top. While the Porsche intimidated my wife, the SL 55 AMG is wife friendly. The stability management system was comparable to the Porsche. The parking assist, navigation system, and high performance sound system was superior.

mid life convertable
By jack1560 on 08/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

i have made it. driving this car shows i know automobles. i have owned bmw, Ferrari and many many cars. The car handles like it is on a rail. With the top down and the roll bar up i can still maintain a conversation with my passenger without yelling. I like driving the car by myself and just get into the driving and shifting.

awsome
By molson on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The sl 55 is the best car I had ever had.I have 10 cars.I like the sl 55 the best.The have a thing you can push (sos) if there is ever a emergency witch will call mb care.If you want a good nice car get the sl 55

hands down best car
By MICHAEL ZARABI on 08/27/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

a gtr car without the price tag. this is one of the fastest and most luxurious cars on the market. I wouldnt trade it for any other car.

I love my mercedes benz
By Kerry on 08/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

My first car was a 1998 Mercedes SL450. I didnt like it too much so i decided to get something smaller. My AMG is the greatest car i've ever owned. The milage is a +. I would definetly recommend this vehicle to anybody.

Nice, but should've bought a 911 Turbo
By fievel on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

The car is great, except that I really wish the car had 6sp manual transmission. The auto tranny doesn't do the engine justice at all. The car runs surprisingly slow compared with all the 'hype' I had read. I guess my expectations were too high.

SL55 AMG
By Angus Tone on 08/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This car is a dream to drive its performance is unmatched in its class. It does a faster 0-60 than the ferrari modeno and spyder. This car exudes class and power if you have the funds i deffinetly advise picking one up

Perfect Fun
By coltrain on 08/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

This is raw power, neatly packaged in a fun, classy vehicle. The silver and ash combination creates a bright, classic look great for the summer heat. But under this attractive skin is pure power. I don't believe I've come close to unleashing the complete power of the vehicle. Acceleration, handling passing, etc. are as good as it gets.

stupid blue lights
By richard davis on 08/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

nice car BUT if the top is down in the daytime the baby blue lights disappear from the dash board and all vital info is lost. The GPS is a throw alway, absolutly worthless. The top has come apart with only 30 uses and the trim is absolutly from K mart. I have owned many MB's and if they only spent a little more attention to details and got that cheap plastic out of the interior and exterior maybe sl500 can make a come back. Just not the car that it used to be and I still had to spend $1.00 to get one of those little mirrors to eliminate the blind spot.