2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:
Hot stuff
By anna jo julian on 09/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL55 AMG 2dr Convertible (5.5L 8cyl S/C 5A)

i really like this car a lot.It runs very well and it has great features.

fabulous automobile
By meurice lefevre on 09/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

this is my fourth SL. This one doesn't ride as soft, however, the handling is unbelievable for the weight. The top action is to die for and it's great to be able to recline the seats. I have made only one road trip but the seats are fabulous. It was worth the ten grand over MSRP to not wait one or two years.

Simply the best
By Catlover on 09/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

My 5th SL in 15 years and by far the best. An awesome car with technology that others will take years to catch up to. Braking power is incredible, the ABC feature is the best automotive invention since disks breaks (I experienced it first in my S55). I have a Ferrari 360 and Aston DB7 who, in my opinion, are vastly inferior in technology, safety, road holding and braking. No contest, besides, when the SL55 comes out they are toast anyway. Great looks and while not a real exotic, it is the first exotic SL coming out of Stuttgart. A marvel.

Outstanding !
By Zipcode on 08/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This is an outstanding vehicle to drive. The security of a coupe with the ability to become a convertable at the push of a button. I have the Sport package, which in my opion, makes for an incredibly attractive looking car. On a 1400 mile trip I averaged 24 mpg, with a speed average of 70 mph. This included all stops. I think that is very good fuel ecomony.

Best MB
By Tully on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I traded my CLK55 and my wife's SLK320 for the SL500 - it's the best of both worlds. Great fun on the curves, acceptable power and lots of comfort. Its the best of the 5 MB's I've owned.

The Best
By Driver23 on 06/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

Best Car in the Market

This is a fantastic car!
By Aramis on 05/07/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I decided to change my old Mercedes 320 CE this year. I was hesitating between Jaguar XJK coupe and Mercedes SL 500 but I have bought the last one finally. Now I am happy to have this car. It's a dream, I have fantastic feelings of pleasure

Still the best convertible!
By carlover14 on 05/02/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

I Love my new SL500, I will keep it for a long time. It retains the classic interior looks of the SL's I've loved for so long. I love everything about this car, but then again I'm a Mercedes freak.

best car in the world
By luke on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

The car is everything you would want in one! Buy IT!!! If you have money!

She's a Keeper
By DVSI on 04/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible (5.0L 8cyl 5A)

This car car has it all!!! Great looks, comfort, performance, safety and quality. I compared the SL500 to the Lexus SC430, Porsche Carrera 4 and the Jaguar XKR. This beats them all. It looks sporty, classy, sexy and tough. It fits any mood the driver has.