Used 2000 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2000 Mercedes-benz Sl-class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:

Amazing Vehicle
By Linda J.

2000 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible

I love my Mercedes, the fact that you can go from hard top to soft top in a few easy minutes. There is room for a couple of bags in the back "seat", unlike other sports cars where you don't even have room for a purse. The ride is like sitting home in your livingroom. The gas mileage on mine is 30-32 mpg on a trip. It's an all around beautiful car. I am not an engineer, but I see no improving on perfection here. I have driven them all, I wanted to before I made an educated purchase and this was the only one standing at the end of the tests, all things considered, gas mileage, comfort, style, class.

Favorite Features

The back "seat" area. All the others, Audi TT, BMW Z3 or Z4,Porsche, etc, no room for anything else. This car leaves nothing to want. Still more room in the amazing trunk, I can take everything I need for a week or more.

Amazing
By NewBenzOwner

2000 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL600 2dr Convertible

Amazing car all around...perfect mix of performance, comfort, convenience and luxury. Drives like no other car, with endless smooth V12 power on tap right under your right foot. Truly an amazing thoroughbred.

Favorite Features

Mostly that wonderful V12...but also the hardtop/convertible idea

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage is truly miserable...getting about 10 MPG so far. Also, limited interior storage.

Someday is Now!
By Retfla2

2000 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible

I have admired the Mercedes Roadster since it was a 190SL. Finally decided this was the time. I am not a sportscar person. This car is a luxury car that happens to look sporty. Perfect! Plenty of power to spare and love the handling on corners. Mercedes service has been great!

Favorite Features

The powerful engine. Also the power top.

Suggested Improvements

A more resliant back window.

LUXURY 2-SEATER: Convertible limousine
By geomeller

2000 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible

German solid engineering at its best. This model superseeded in 1990 the classic 106, which only lacked the power top. My car is 'Sport' version, It seems bulky, in spite of its modest dimensions. It is more of a luxury convertible 2 seater limousine then a nimble sports car. Seats are better then most American cars. Everything works with monotonous regularity - it is not an exciting car to drive, but to be seen in!

Favorite Features

Impressive looks and reliability- an old pair of good shoes.

Suggested Improvements

Plastic rear window a disaster ! The model has been replaced by an overpriced, a little more lithe, inconspiquous looking technologically complex model.

"The ONE"
By Petruhin

2000 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL600 2dr Convertible

This is the car! this in my mind was the best car ever made by mercedez! its sporty, its luxury and well its gorgeous! the car drives great! the suspention is perfectly regulated for higway driving and city traffic!

Favorite Features

Balance between a sport and luxury! drives unbelievably!!!! and i mean it!

Suggested Improvements

wings!