2000 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:
Amazing Vehicle
By Linda J. on 03/25/08 17:55 PM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

I love my Mercedes, the fact that you can go from hard top to soft top in a few easy minutes. There is room for a couple of bags in the back "seat", unlike other sports cars where you don't even have room for a purse. The ride is like sitting home in your livingroom. The gas mileage on mine is 30-32 mpg on a trip. It's an all around beautiful car. I am not an engineer, but I see no improving on perfection here. I have driven them all, I wanted to before I made an educated purchase and this was the only one standing at the end of the tests, all things considered, gas mileage, comfort, style, class.

Someday is Now!
By Retfla2 on 09/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

I have admired the Mercedes Roadster since it was a 190SL. Finally decided this was the time. I am not a sportscar person. This car is a luxury car that happens to look sporty. Perfect! Plenty of power to spare and love the handling on corners. Mercedes service has been great!

LUXURY 2-SEATER: Convertible limousine
By geomeller on 07/12/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2000 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

German solid engineering at its best. This model superseeded in 1990 the classic 106, which only lacked the power top. My car is 'Sport' version, It seems bulky, in spite of its modest dimensions. It is more of a luxury convertible 2 seater limousine then a nimble sports car. Seats are better then most American cars. Everything works with monotonous regularity - it is not an exciting car to drive, but to be seen in!