1999 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Consumer Review: Classic Roadster

1999 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Consumer Review

1999 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

SL500 Convertible (5.0L V8 5-speed Automatic)

Classic Roadster
By tallyho3 on

1999 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

I bought the SL 500 with 32K miles.The car has lots of sex appeal.It is fun to drive and the handling is amazing.I bought the car on E-Bay.The seller under promised and over delivered.The car is all original and the owner had all up to date records.The car draws a lot of smiles of approval.I can see the car as a true classic and the resale potential for price appreciation is definitely there.On a scale of 1-10 it's a 91/2.Drive one and you'll see what I'm talking about.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By cactuscars
on 02/18/16 06:02 AM (PST)

I felt the same when I purchased my 1994 SL 500 a couple of years ago. I purchased it for 5000 and put 5000 into it to bring it back to "like new" condition. They were selling for 12,000 to 14,000 at the time of purchase. It took close to a year to find all the parts and by the time i finished the market had dropped to 5000 to 9000. I kept it! It's a great car and a blast to drive but I am disappointed in the resale values (they drop fast). Think about it a hundred thousand dollar car or five thousand to fifteen thousand dollars?