1997 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Consumer Review: A True German Classic Roadste

1997 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Consumer Review

SL320 Convertible (3.2L 6-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

A True German Classic Roadster...
By Realtor on

1997 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL320 2dr Convertible

I came across my SL320 after the hurricanes took out my Mercedes ML with a 32 yr old oak tree. I can't say enough good things about this car. The car demands attention, a true head turner. I usually only put about 5k miles per year as a leisure car. This car is a blast, I leave my BMW at home and have racked on the miles-12k. I haved the hardtop stored, and the storage compartments behind the seats accomidate my briefcase. The best feeling to crank the A/C to 60 and drop the top, turn up the Bose system and let my cares fly off with the wind in my hair. Handling is surperb. Power is very impressive, and am thankful I got the 320 over the 500 and 600-with gas at 3bucks+, & lower insurance

Ease of top up and down, A/C climate control, memory seats, roll bar, Stereo Bose system, reliablity, handleing, saftey, reputation, classic style, quality all around, wear and tear-hardly any!, highway travel, best Benz I've ever owned!!! 8 years old and no rattles!!

Build the new Mercedes-2006 like this 97, not like Chryslers! Keep to the german engineering and quality. The new ones have too much plastic,& rattles. The best Benz's are in the 90's...Other MB I've had 300E, 380 SL, 300CD, 320ML (new one until squashed- not the same quality), and now the SL320.