Used 1997 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL320 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1997 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:

what would you expect
By Christopher Panza

1997 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL320 2dr Convertible

We all know the mystique behind the name Mercedes and its the same mystique that porsche and bmw and now the audi's have. Engine power and design and the blue print of a car that is/was ahead of its time. My SL is what it was when it was 100,000 of the showroom floor, an engineering marvel. Just as the porsche's I have owned. If you spent $100,000 on an American made car in the mid 90's the only ones that would be worth a damn today would be the ones never or rarely driven. German or Japanese and you cannot go wrong. Stay away from the audis however, they havent figured out the turbo debacle yet

The stance of the amg package, the wide body and the power that this v6 puts out and with 100,000 miles on it. AMG rims are still just bad ass looking.

hydrolic system for the soft top could be revised

A True German Classic Roadster...
By Realtor

1997 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL320 2dr Convertible

I came across my SL320 after the hurricanes took out my Mercedes ML with a 32 yr old oak tree. I can't say enough good things about this car. The car demands attention, a true head turner. I usually only put about 5k miles per year as a leisure car. This car is a blast, I leave my BMW at home and have racked on the miles-12k. I haved the hardtop stored, and the storage compartments behind the seats accomidate my briefcase. The best feeling to crank the A/C to 60 and drop the top, turn up the Bose system and let my cares fly off with the wind in my hair. Handling is surperb. Power is very impressive, and am thankful I got the 320 over the 500 and 600-with gas at 3bucks+, & lower insurance

Ease of top up and down, A/C climate control, memory seats, roll bar, Stereo Bose system, reliablity, handleing, saftey, reputation, classic style, quality all around, wear and tear-hardly any!, highway travel, best Benz I've ever owned!!! 8 years old and no rattles!!

Build the new Mercedes-2006 like this 97, not like Chryslers! Keep to the german engineering and quality. The new ones have too much plastic,& rattles. The best Benz's are in the 90's...Other MB I've had 300E, 380 SL, 300CD, 320ML (new one until squashed- not the same quality), and now the SL320.

Dream with a smile
By Brian

1997 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL320 2dr Convertible

For the past 30 years I've always wanted a Mercedes SL and finally after all the years of the desire, I have no disappointments. It's truly a dream car. I chose the 320 to not have to spend so much time at the gas pumps, but it still burns more than I expected. That might be due to the fact that I can't seem to slow it down. I really love this vehicle!

Everything about the car!

Can't think of anything that might make the car better.

Love It
By emoore40

1997 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL320 2dr Convertible

This is my second Mercedes but first SL. I purposefully purchased the 320 over the 500 and consider I made an excellent choice. This car has performed far above expectations.

Road handling ability. This is such a fun car to drive.

Right side air bag turn off switch so my grandchildren could safely ride with me.