1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Consumer Review: Beautiful Car, Ugly Payment

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Consumer Review

Beautiful Car, Ugly Payment
By MaeWest on

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

I've loved this car; it's my sixth pre- owned Mercedes. It's red and gets a lot of attention; it has been reliable and fun. I bought a 1991 Mercedes station wagon for the dogs to ride in; I'm picky about my baby! It flies and is beautiful inside and out. I'm cautious about parking it -- it gets door dings and scratches and white paint, so it's touched up once or twice a year. People apparently are jealous and vandalize it.

The acceleration, the wind and sun on your face as you zoom down the road. When people race me at stoplights, I easily zip past them. It's fun to know you're driving the coolest car on the road!

Add cupholders, put the CD player in the dash, get rid of the cassette-tape holders that spring up constantly in the console, replace the cheesy back plastic window with glass. The retractable hardtop on the 2003 is the way to go. In a few years I can afford a used one!