1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:
AS GOOD AS IT GETS!
By alan on 09/12/09 05:43 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible

Had this for a year. After investing for minor items [about $3,000] it is a new car. The lines are timeless. Great performance at any speed. Rides like a magic carpet. This is one great vehicle. No regrets.

jjeworley33
By JAMES on 05/15/09 16:47 PM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL600 2dr Convertible

A delight to drive. Power plus with plenty to spare. Smooth shifting auto transmission. Superb sound system with cd pack etc. A sports car with out the outlandish looks of other sports cars. Has more than enough excelleration at any speed. Holds the road with trenesous control at all speeds. Even the wife loves to drive it over her Town Car.

Love Her
By Love Her -MLA on 03/12/05 21:23 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL320 2dr Convertible

This is our 3rd Mercedes. All have been trouble free. We bought this SL from the orignal owner with 89,000 miles. She has gone 5,000 trouble free miles.The performace is surprising for an inline 6 cylnder. She is 10 years old and still receives admiring glances. She is a beauty!

Love Her
By Love Her -MLA on 03/12/05 21:23 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL320 2dr Convertible

This is our 3rd Merc. All have been trouble free. We bought this SL from the orignal owner with 89,000 miles. She has gone 5,000 trouble free miles.The performace is surprising for an inline 6 cylnder. She is 10 years old and still receives admiring glances. She is a beauty!

The Best
By Barry Hyman on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible

I totally enjoy driving this car. It handles like a dream. Any questions the dealer has taken care of promptly. A better "fun" car you will not find.

1st Mercedes SL
By Ohio on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible

This car is fun to drive. Lately it is winning out over the Harley. The looks that you get, and the enjoyment of driving it makes it one of the best cars I've owned.

6 month toy
By duck on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible

The looks this car gets are off the charts, but they come at a hefty price. I only drive my SL500 6 months a year. Therein lies the problem; already expensive cost of ownership, exacerbated by spreading the costs over only six months. That said, I still keep it, and wait for the spring to bring nice weather. The thrill of hitting the accelerator on this 300+ HP beast is beyond compare. Driving with the top down on a nice day is one of the finest auto experiences around. Then, pulling into valet parking of a crowded cafe or club is bound to stroke the ego of any redblooded American male.

Beautiful Car, Ugly Payment
By MaeWest on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL500 2dr Convertible

I've loved this car; it's my sixth pre- owned Mercedes. It's red and gets a lot of attention; it has been reliable and fun. I bought a 1991 Mercedes station wagon for the dogs to ride in; I'm picky about my baby! It flies and is beautiful inside and out. I'm cautious about parking it -- it gets door dings and scratches and white paint, so it's touched up once or twice a year. People apparently are jealous and vandalize it.

Roadster Rules!
By roadster on 05/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL600 2dr Convertible

I've owned my '95 sl 600 roadster now for a couple of years. The performance of the 12-cylindar engine is beyond compare! With the computer chip the previous owner had installed, the horsepower rating goes from 389 to 432! Things to watch out for... seems like these cars are prone to need new catalytic converters at around 40k miles. Mine did..and fortunately it was covered by mercedes 8-year, 80k mile e/c warranty--thereby saving me $4k! ! low mileage '97 or '98 will give you a $130k car experience for half the price!

Bittersweet
By MBS on 03/02/02 11:25 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class Convertible SL320 2dr Convertible

Although I loved this car, we have since parted ways. I could not have been more dissapponted with my SL experience. For the 3 years I owned the car I found that there is a huge cost of ownership that comes with maintaining this car. Service costs were more than the payments. I was always told that these cars would run very high mileage, but that mileage comes at a heafty cost. I would not buy another unless it was under the Starmark warrantee.