1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class 5.0L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Reviews

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Consumer Reviews

SL500 Convertible (5.0L V8 4-speed Automatic)

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:
AS GOOD AS IT GETS!
By alan on 09/12/09 05:43 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

Had this for a year. After investing for minor items [about $3,000] it is a new car. The lines are timeless. Great performance at any speed. Rides like a magic carpet. This is one great vehicle. No regrets.

The Best
By Barry Hyman on 02/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

I totally enjoy driving this car. It handles like a dream. Any questions the dealer has taken care of promptly. A better "fun" car you will not find.

1st Mercedes SL
By Ohio on 10/03/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

This car is fun to drive. Lately it is winning out over the Harley. The looks that you get, and the enjoyment of driving it makes it one of the best cars I've owned.

6 month toy
By duck on 02/18/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

The looks this car gets are off the charts, but they come at a hefty price. I only drive my SL500 6 months a year. Therein lies the problem; already expensive cost of ownership, exacerbated by spreading the costs over only six months. That said, I still keep it, and wait for the spring to bring nice weather. The thrill of hitting the accelerator on this 300+ HP beast is beyond compare. Driving with the top down on a nice day is one of the finest auto experiences around. Then, pulling into valet parking of a crowded cafe or club is bound to stroke the ego of any redblooded American male.

Beautiful Car, Ugly Payment
By MaeWest on 11/08/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

I've loved this car; it's my sixth pre- owned Mercedes. It's red and gets a lot of attention; it has been reliable and fun. I bought a 1991 Mercedes station wagon for the dogs to ride in; I'm picky about my baby! It flies and is beautiful inside and out. I'm cautious about parking it -- it gets door dings and scratches and white paint, so it's touched up once or twice a year. People apparently are jealous and vandalize it.

Buy One
By Coolpillow on 03/01/02 17:25 PM (PST)

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

This is a great car to buy pre-owned. New ones are $85,000 or more, save $60,000 and buy a '95.