Used 1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1995 Mercedes-benz Sl-class - Consumer Reviews

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:

AS GOOD AS IT GETS!
By alan

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

Had this for a year. After investing for minor items [about $3,000] it is a new car. The lines are timeless. Great performance at any speed. Rides like a magic carpet. This is one great vehicle. No regrets.

The Best
By Barry Hyman

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

I totally enjoy driving this car. It handles like a dream. Any questions the dealer has taken care of promptly. A better "fun" car you will not find.

Favorite Features

The cat itself. The easy of control. The easy of using the convertable,

Suggested Improvements

The position of where the seat adjustment controls should be changed. I hit my knee on them constantly.

1st Mercedes SL
By Ohio

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

This car is fun to drive. Lately it is winning out over the Harley. The looks that you get, and the enjoyment of driving it makes it one of the best cars I've owned.

Favorite Features

315HP and Bose Sound System.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the seating comfort.

6 month toy
By duck

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

The looks this car gets are off the charts, but they come at a hefty price. I only drive my SL500 6 months a year. Therein lies the problem; already expensive cost of ownership, exacerbated by spreading the costs over only six months. That said, I still keep it, and wait for the spring to bring nice weather. The thrill of hitting the accelerator on this 300+ HP beast is beyond compare. Driving with the top down on a nice day is one of the finest auto experiences around. Then, pulling into valet parking of a crowded cafe or club is bound to stroke the ego of any redblooded American male.

Favorite Features

300+ HP engine blows away all but the most serious performance cars on the road, and the lines of this car are gorgeous.

Suggested Improvements

The tape deck is a waste. The storage space for the tapes is useless, and should be modified w/ aftermarket parts to hold cupholder or other useful storage. Though the power rearview mirror is nice, anyone driving the car immediately grabs it and attempts to move it by hand.

Beautiful Car, Ugly Payment
By MaeWest

1995 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

I've loved this car; it's my sixth pre- owned Mercedes. It's red and gets a lot of attention; it has been reliable and fun. I bought a 1991 Mercedes station wagon for the dogs to ride in; I'm picky about my baby! It flies and is beautiful inside and out. I'm cautious about parking it -- it gets door dings and scratches and white paint, so it's touched up once or twice a year. People apparently are jealous and vandalize it.

Favorite Features

The acceleration, the wind and sun on your face as you zoom down the road. When people race me at stoplights, I easily zip past them. It's fun to know you're driving the coolest car on the road!

Suggested Improvements

Add cupholders, put the CD player in the dash, get rid of the cassette-tape holders that spring up constantly in the console, replace the cheesy back plastic window with glass. The retractable hardtop on the 2003 is the way to go. In a few years I can afford a used one!