1994 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class 5.0L V8 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - 1994 500SL Hard and Convert

1994 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Consumer Review

1994 500SL Hard and Convert
By Dr. Molar on

1994 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

Bought the car 6 years old. Upgraded to AMG 15" wheels and $800/rim alloy 3 piece. Low profile tires. This car is a dream. Very quiet with hard top off and can hear all Bose system. Corners like my Porsche did. Great service when needed.(not one major part in 5 yrs). Have spinal problems and yet can drive all day. Lot of punch. Best of 5 Mercedes I have owned. Others were sedans. Love the lines of this vintage. It is why I looked 3 years till the right one appeared. Take care of it and it takes care of you. 6 miles of gravel road/day and not one squeak yet. Can't say that for other brands I own for seconds. Stored in winter so no comment on winter handling.

Favorite Features

Fully and automatically adjusts to your every need in positioning. Just plain pure pleasure. Much nicer than a '98 that I drove for 3 weeks. Easy up down convert to rag top.

Suggested Improvements

As in all soft tops, would relish more storage for long trips. Wish it got 25 mi/gal. in town. CD changer could be more accessible.