1994 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific SL-Class model:
Die hard 4
By Nishan on 07/29/08 23:56 PM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

This is my 3rd MBZ, one of the best, I love it and I intend to keep it as long as I live. Has 210,000 miles now. Engine runs very quiet and smooth. The soft top just gave up. At the same time some electronic parts and sensers are started giving up. All the aging problems surfaced when we had 110 F temperature days this year. I know what the problem was and need to be fixed but the MBZ test unit never found the problem, the tester always reports as no issue, it is like taking the car in and getting back unfixed. Anyway I told the mechanic just change the part I pointed out and that was it. Runs like a champ, no more heat related malfanction. I want to get at least 300,000 miles life.

Best Mercedes I have owned
By Roger M. Gray on 04/20/08 05:17 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

Since 1976 I have owned 8 Mercedes. The first was a 1976 450 SL and the latest being a 2005 E320. I currently own a 1994 SL500 as well and really love it. It is the best car I have had to date. It current has a bit over 125,000 miles on it and the only thing I have had to do to it was rebuild the transmission and replace the soft top. The engine still has a lot of get up and go. It is not as strong as the new SL's (2004 as an example). It probably needs some tender loving care. Of the 70's 90's and newest body styles I really like this body style (129) the best. It has class and character. I would really would recommend this car to anyone.

1994 500SL Hard and Convert
By Dr. Molar on 02/21/05 17:01 PM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

Bought the car 6 years old. Upgraded to AMG 15" wheels and $800/rim alloy 3 piece. Low profile tires. This car is a dream. Very quiet with hard top off and can hear all Bose system. Corners like my Porsche did. Great service when needed.(not one major part in 5 yrs). Have spinal problems and yet can drive all day. Lot of punch. Best of 5 Mercedes I have owned. Others were sedans. Love the lines of this vintage. It is why I looked 3 years till the right one appeared. Take care of it and it takes care of you. 6 miles of gravel road/day and not one squeak yet. Can't say that for other brands I own for seconds. Stored in winter so no comment on winter handling.

1994 Mercedes-Benz SL - The Greatest
By happy jim on 11/29/04 17:27 PM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

I have owned my 1994 Mercedes-Benz SL for three years. If you do the maintenance required every 15,000 miles and change the oil every 3,000 miles all you need to do is put tires and brakes on it. It is the most reliable car that I have ever had. I can't get over the fact that it is ten years old and still turns heads.

beautiful car
By barneyhan on 07/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

beautiful car, very expensive to repair, rattles alot,dr iver side door window has scratches from rollers in door, has miss in motor,for a car that was driven only 7500 miles a year its not in very good condition

leave em in the dust
By steve maugeri on 04/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

I have been in the car biz for twenty years, i have driven all of them,but this one takes the cake.it just wants to run. I love it!!

MB sl600
By BDuff on 01/06/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL600 2dr Convertible

excellent car.always maintain or expensive to repair

supercar
By Adrian Alexe on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

very nice car with one of the best classic luck, very good engine it was better with 5 speed gearbox and ESP

'94 SL5Hundo
By Mike on the mic on 06/26/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

Nicest car I've ever driven. Handles pretty well, and feels like a fast tank. The car I will sonn purchase is gonna have to compare well to the SL.

Maplewood Import
By plysne on 04/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Mercedes-Benz SL-Class SL500 2dr Convertible

Bought a Starmark 500SL 1994. After sale there was a defective AMG wheel. Service Dept. agreed it was defective prior to sale but management REFUSED to give any parts refund or shared compensation. Matter of fact wanted to replace the wheel at a 200% premium to where I bought it from Tires plus over the net. great service from this company. Delivery in 3 days. Electrical problems showed up 2 months later and again Maplwood refused to honor any discount on servicing. I would NEVER purchase another auto from this firm.