2015 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Review: lots of problems

2015 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Review

S550 Sedan (4.7L V8 Twin-turbo 7-speed Automatic)

lots of problems
By bob598 on

2015 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

This is my 9th S sedan...........it's very tough to love. The tech stuff is virtually worthless while driving........most of it completely un needed or wanted......Hell it's hard to turn the radio stations, not kidding....completely unintuitive.......almost like German engineers are from another planet....thing that are worthwhile are the safety components which work well.......but are touted by MB as exclusive but are found on Ford Focus's.............We owned many MB's since 1980......the first being a 240 d.......but I've about had it.......the development money is going into the small Benz's I suppose.........maybe move on to Porsche.......really running out of high end brands. ( since your a car research group I'll list our current ownership Two Gwagons, a GlE (think that's what they call it) and the S)....Thanks Bb PS.....The cars have long lost their exclusiveness........without......why pay more?

• Headlights

• Entertainment
  • Usb ports
  • Navigation
  • Repair frequency

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By daisy38
on 01/18/15 20:06 PM (UTC)

Pass on this car until they work the bugs out.

By daisy38
on 01/18/15 20:05 PM (UTC)

I completely agree, except my car broke down 6 times in 1900 miles of use. Had to hire a lawyer to get Mercedes to take it back. Mine was a complete lemon and I think back to the drawing board on this car. My last S550 was amazing, this one is clearly trying too hard and it fails. I will look toward a Bentley in this price range.