2012 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Consumer Review: Awesome Car!!!

2012 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Review

S400 Hybrid Sedan (3.5L V6 Hybrid 7-speed Automatic)

Awesome Car!!!
By mjeagent on

2012 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S400 Hybrid 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl gas/electric hybrid 7A)

Traded my 2012 Audi A8L. My Audi was a great car but when you compare it to the look of the 2012 S Class AMG there is no comparison. Then you add the engine comparison and the decision is easy. Only have 200 miles in the car but I can tell you that it is built like a tank, drives like your on glass, and sounds like a dream - both the exhaust note and the bang & olufsen stereo system. That's actually one option that one should not pass up. The sound system is AMAZING. I've had 40+ cars with all sorts of sound systems and this one blows all others away. The price is one that you take with a lump in the throat as the Audi A8 I was trading had a sticker price of $104,000 - $50k lower than S63.

Bang & Olufsen!!! The tweeters that are throughout the car are a fantastic touch and it feels as though you are sitting within a recording studio. No matter if you are sitting still at a stoplight or flying down the highway at 80mph, it is worth twice the cost of the $6,000 option.

I don't like that the horn is the audible locking option. I would rather here a nice chirp or beep. A loud honk isn't all that nice sounding when locking and walking away from a $150k car. That's pretty nit picky. Love the car.