2012 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
Awesome Car!!!
By mjeagent on 09/09/12 20:00 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S63 AMG 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

Traded my 2012 Audi A8L. My Audi was a great car but when you compare it to the look of the 2012 S Class AMG there is no comparison. Then you add the engine comparison and the decision is easy. Only have 200 miles in the car but I can tell you that it is built like a tank, drives like your on glass, and sounds like a dream - both the exhaust note and the bang & olufsen stereo system. That's actually one option that one should not pass up. The sound system is AMAZING. I've had 40+ cars with all sorts of sound systems and this one blows all others away. The price is one that you take with a lump in the throat as the Audi A8 I was trading had a sticker price of $104,000 - $50k lower than S63.

Excellent ride incredible mpg
By bob494 on 08/14/12 17:52 PM (PDT)

2012 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S350 BlueTEC 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (3.0L 6cyl Turbodiesel 7A)

This S350 is smooth powerful and fun to drive. I have 6,000 miles on mine and it's the bast car I have ever owned including other Mercedes, Lexus, and Audi models. Interior is well laid out with all controls within easy access. My car gets 37 MPG on the highway and I am averaging over 31 MPG in mixed city and highway driving. 4 Matic works great in the rain or snow as well. This truly an exceptional ride, but be aware of expensive options as they are way over priced.

Rough start to a great ride
By jlightfoot on 12/20/11 19:58 PM (PST)

2012 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (4.7L 8cyl Turbo 7A)

At 570 miles the pulley on the alternator wore a hole in the bottom radiator hose. I was 450 miles from home in west Texas. The dealership took a hose off a new car on the showroom floor to get me on the road, however it turned out the water pump had an incorrectly formed flange. The nearest water pump was 10 days away in Germany. They rented me a car to finish my journey. Once the new water pump came in and the old one was replaced the dealer I bought the car from in Dallas sent a truck 250 miles west to pick up the repaired vehicle, haul it 450 miles back east to my driveway. The service was incredible and Mercedes has my highest praise. Just returned from a 2,000 mile trip to Minnesota.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Mercedes-Benz S-Class in VA is:

$221 per month*