2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class 5.5L V8 7-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Elegant Confidence

2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class - Consumer Review

2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

S550 Sedan (5.5L V8 7-speed Automatic)

Elegant Confidence
By Chuck S. on

2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

My eighth S-Class, the 2010 S550 is a marvel. Once you master the flush switches and COMAND options, you are piloting the most confident car on the planet. And it inures you into its confidence. The interior is elegant, sophisticated and beautiful. I have the black premium leather and select the Polar blue ambient lighting and it's a marvel to me even after 3 months. The Distronic PLUS reduces you driving to steering only, if you allow it. It all works as stated. The LED lighting front and rear was designed to be functional as one would expect; but also designed to make a statement that shows off Mercedes-Benz style. I have 9,800 miles on my car, and there has not been a single problem .

Favorite Features

Acceleration, exterior styling, interior everything including the ambient lighting. The way the car activates features even if you don't, i.e. if you forget to signal a turn at night, the cornering lamps go on anyway.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the front seat center console, providing 2 levels of storage.