Used 2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Mercedes-benz S-class - Consumer Reviews

2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:

Best Mercedes yet
By WD

2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I've owned BMW, Lexus, Jags, Porsche and this is my third Mercedes. This summer I sold my 2007 CLS 550. I loved the CLS with a few exceptions. The trunk was too small and I could never figure out how to change the clock (I'm pretty computer savvy). The 2010 S 550 is very different. The trunk is huge ( a lot of room for a golf bag). The Command controller is the silver round nob you see in the photos on the console ( I call it the joy stick) and if you fiddle with it for about an hour you can work almost everything in this car. Changing the clock takes about 20 seconds. The S 550 is beautiful, functional and comfortable in every way. How could it be any better? I can not wait to see the new MB.

Exellent vehicle
By Bob Whalen

2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This car seems like it was pulled straight out of the autobahn, fast but comfortable. Test drove the 7 series, Maserati Quaduellete, and Porsche Pannera, none of which could nearly compare. I commute between Miami and Tampa every day, and this car is simply unbelievable. Beware though- Sometimes I forget in a American highway and not in the autobahn and find myself doing 130 something in a 75 zone. The rides THAT good.

Favorite Features

Ride and handling balance. The massive sunroof and insane amount of cargo space are nice to.

Suggested Improvements

Heated and Cooled cup holders, adaptive headlights, and massaging rear seats available. Fixed second row middle consul with refrigerator. Side parking sensors. Thumbprint entry and start.

The Neo-Classic Benz
By murray

2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

A perfectly executed modern rendition of classics past. Mercedes had the courage to combine a refreshingly new look with the best design elements of earlier models. The 300 Adenauer of the Fifties comes most closely to mind. The hint of fenders, jewel like tail lamps, the proud grille, genuinely tasteful headlamps in this era of hideous excess. The design elements come together brilliantly, totally sidestepping the grotesque for sake of difference found in so many other current vehicles. Beautifully, beautifully harmonious.

Favorite Features

Aesthetics

Suggested Improvements

None

It does not get any better than this!
By ben makowski

2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

traded 08 S550 4matic, third S class in a row and I have to honestly say, they just keep improving! The lighting on the 10 is very...well 2010! I think for the money you can not honestly buy a better car at this price point. If you can afford BUY IT!

Favorite Features

Ride, sound system, exterior lighting

Suggested Improvements

Can I honestly say improve fuel economy? It would be nice