2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan Consumer Reviews

2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific S-Class model:
Best Mercedes yet
By WD on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

I've owned BMW, Lexus, Jags, Porsche and this is my third Mercedes. This summer I sold my 2007 CLS 550. I loved the CLS with a few exceptions. The trunk was too small and I could never figure out how to change the clock (I'm pretty computer savvy). The 2010 S 550 is very different. The trunk is huge ( a lot of room for a golf bag). The Command controller is the silver round nob you see in the photos on the console ( I call it the joy stick) and if you fiddle with it for about an hour you can work almost everything in this car. Changing the clock takes about 20 seconds. The S 550 is beautiful, functional and comfortable in every way. How could it be any better? I can not wait to see the new MB.

Exellent vehicle
By Bob Whalen on 05/28/10 17:05 PM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This car seems like it was pulled straight out of the autobahn, fast but comfortable. Test drove the 7 series, Maserati Quaduellete, and Porsche Pannera, none of which could nearly compare. I commute between Miami and Tampa every day, and this car is simply unbelievable. Beware though- Sometimes I forget in a American highway and not in the autobahn and find myself doing 130 something in a 75 zone. The rides THAT good.

The Neo-Classic Benz
By murray on 02/04/10 17:53 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

A perfectly executed modern rendition of classics past. Mercedes had the courage to combine a refreshingly new look with the best design elements of earlier models. The 300 Adenauer of the Fifties comes most closely to mind. The hint of fenders, jewel like tail lamps, the proud grille, genuinely tasteful headlamps in this era of hideous excess. The design elements come together brilliantly, totally sidestepping the grotesque for sake of difference found in so many other current vehicles. Beautifully, beautifully harmonious.

It does not get any better than this!
By ben makowski on 01/15/10 16:23 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

traded 08 S550 4matic, third S class in a row and I have to honestly say, they just keep improving! The lighting on the 10 is very...well 2010! I think for the money you can not honestly buy a better car at this price point. If you can afford BUY IT!

Elegant Confidence
By Chuck S. on 11/04/09 15:15 PM (PST)

2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

My eighth S-Class, the 2010 S550 is a marvel. Once you master the flush switches and COMAND options, you are piloting the most confident car on the planet. And it inures you into its confidence. The interior is elegant, sophisticated and beautiful. I have the black premium leather and select the Polar blue ambient lighting and it's a marvel to me even after 3 months. The Distronic PLUS reduces you driving to steering only, if you allow it. It all works as stated. The LED lighting front and rear was designed to be functional as one would expect; but also designed to make a statement that shows off Mercedes-Benz style. I have 9,800 miles on my car, and there has not been a single problem .

Very quiet automoblle
By Happy in Florida on 10/11/09 08:34 AM (PDT)

2010 Mercedes-Benz S-Class Sedan S550 4dr Sedan (5.5L 8cyl 7A)

This auto drives and rides like no other. Very quiet and powerful. New hard drive in dash makes listening to music much easier.