Bar None
By itzsyk on
2009 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S550 4MATIC 4dr Sedan AWD (5.5L 8cyl 7A)
This is my 5th S-Class, second one from this generation. Over the years the car has grown be the real luxury sedan it is known to be. If you're looking for a sport sedan, go for the AMG or Panamera. If you're looking for the most relax daily driver on the market, you can't go wrong with this. The pedal feels firm where you can feel the power through each inch you press. For 13" front and 11" rear brakes, the car stops effortlessly. The 7-spd transmission is one of the best I've driven so far. The car has been flawless over the years. The only problem I've ever had, was to replace the wiper blades.
Favorite Features
I don't know if there's active steering, but at higher speeds the steering stiffens, allowing more precise cornering and lane changes. The LCD instrumental panel is so precise and there is no lag between screen changes. The 19" wheels on the AMG package are stunning.
Suggested Improvements
On the W220, the rear-view mirror position was saved, along with the seating position, in the seat memory - they should bring back that feature. Offer a black headliner option. Can't believe it's not included in the AMG package.